Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

I disagree. Painful though it is, Meares didn't break the rules, Pendleton did. Physical contact has always been part of track sprinting. It's not just about being incredibly fast.

I'm not saying Meares shouldn't have elbowed, that's fine. But the commissaire should have used his discretion and recognised that Victoria's wobble wasn't her fault. I reckon that's how Victoria and Brailsford see it.

I'm not saying Meares shouldn't have elbowed, that's fine. But the commissaire should have used his discretion and recognised that Victoria's wobble wasn't her fault. I reckon that's how Victoria and Brailsford see it.

Not a great way for Pendleton to sign off, but refs are there to make calls. Not everyone will like them.

If Victoria had kept smack in the centre of the sprint lane no elbow could reach her. She swung up.

I saw that and got all excited that Danny Hart was going to be amazing - but then found out it's not downhill. :(

The downhill is really exciting! I don't think they have it on TV anymore, do they? Not even on Eurosport :(

But it's better than nothing.

Spare a thought for Wendy Houvenaghel. She's had an even worse Olympics than Jess Varnish. And she's too old to compete again. http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/olympics/cycling/team-gbs-wendy-houvenaghel-hits-out-at-vindictive-treatment-that-denied-her-gold-medal-8014743.html

"To not allow me to ride in a three-minute race, which I can do with my eyes closed, practically, and let me pick up my Olympic gold medal was just vindictive".

I'm sure everyone would like a free gold medal for zero effort, but that's not how it works.

Back
Top Bottom