Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

So, now it's all over what is going to happen to the velodrome?

Legacy was at the forefront of the design and build of the Velodrome. After the Games, the venue will be handed over to the Lee Valley Regional Park Authority and form the heart of a new VeloPark for use by the local community, clubs and elite athletes.

The VeloPark will also include the reconfigured BMX track, a new mountain bike track and a new road cycle circuit, as well as a cafe, bike hire and cycle workshop facilities.

I think in race 2 she didnt go early enough, she caught Meares napping and went for it but hesitated and let her back!

There was still a good lap and a half left wasn't there? That much distance and someone like Meares (who's unlikely to be napping that much) drafting her didn't seem like a winning strategy.

The legacy of the proposed 'velopark' isn't set in stone unfortunately. They destroyed the old eastway circuit to make room for the Olympic park, shunting everybody out to Hog Hill...a car journey away. Eastway used to be great as you could cycle there, race, cycle home. Plus it was an easy circuit for novices. The latest i heard was the BMX track was a maybe but the road circuit was under threat. The velodrome was always going to be built there but the original design from 2004 had about half the no. of seats, it will be well used as Herne Hill is so busy these days its maxing out on weekend sessions.

For your edification, here's the question of the day from the French sports journal, L'Equipe.

http://www.lequipe.fr/qdj/2671

The question posed is: are the performances of British cyclists at the Olympics marred by cheating.

72% of responses say yes.

We are, it seems, guilty of chauvinism and lacking in "le fair play".

I commented that "chauvinism" is a French word and the the phrase "fair-play" is English. :D

It didn't survive the moderators. :(

They were talking about the French reactions and their talk of "magic wheels" yesterday. One of the British team pointed out that their wheels are French-made :D:D

They look a lot like Mavic wheels to me (comete and iO).

I wouldn't know. Just pointing out the flaw in the joke, is all.

Edit: although it wouldn't be the first time in cycling history that equipment had been badged with a different brand.

Did anyone see the Hadleigh mountain bike course yesterday?

They're keeping that after the Olympics but changing it a bit so it's easier and safer. Was disappointed not to see the remaining ruins of Hadleigh Castle though :(

Not exactly the most glamourous location, overlooking Canvey Shithole Island :D

Those chumps on 5Live were speculating that there might be something between Laura Trott and Prince Carling. Turns out she's dating Jason Kenny.

Back
Top Bottom