Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

Shouldn't they be showing the replays while all this deliberation is going on?

The reason they cant show replays as and when they want is that BBC are actually buying in the pictures from foreign broadcasters. In the Gymnastics arena BBC were being supplied with pics by Japanese TV.

They don't have control of the images though, do they?

You're right about that. It's the Olympic people who decide what the broadcasters get to see.
But they could surely provide the footage for the pundits to pick over.

Edit to say I see I was wrong about it being the Olympic people. But I knew it wasn't the BBC, they made that clear at the gymnastics.

Actually, I don't think it's an IOC controlled company, per se. But there are ex IOC bods on the board of directors etc.

What the hell is Cavendish doing in the commentary box :D He looks like he's completely shitting himself.

BREAKING CYCLING NEWS
Britain's Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish have been relegated in the women's team sprint and will not contest a medal ride, officials have confirmed

Is it live somewhere else? We've currently got the shooting medal ceremony.

BREAKING CYCLING NEWS
Britain's Victoria Pendleton and Jess Varnish have been relegated in the women's team sprint and will not contest a medal ride, officials have confirmed

Is it live somewhere else? We've currently got the shooting medal ceremony.

You can select the cycling on the red button

Well, rules are rules i spose. was brailsford actually asking them to reconsider on the basis that its a home olympics?

Fucking idiots. This is like dropping the baton. Years worth of training and boundless talent all flushed down the toilet.

Imagine starting your afternoon by breaking a world record and finishing it by being disqualified.
Weird.

So almost certainly gold for China, silver for Australia? Who gets into the bronze medal race?

That's really hard luck on Pendleton and Varnish. As someone said above, it's a bit like seeing a relay team on their way to a medal drop the baton. Sort of sickening.

So almost certainly gold for China, silver for Australia? Who gets into the bronze medal race?

That's really hard luck on Pendleton and Varnish. As someone said above, it's a bit like seeing a relay team on their way to a medal drop the baton. Sort of sickening.
It's not "hard luck", it's inexcusable. This is what they train for. To change in the right place. Fuck sake.

If a gymnast can do a double somersault with double twist and spot the landing then a cyclist can overtake in the right fucking place, which is the same fucking place it is every fucking time.

Well, rules are rules i spose. was brailsford actually asking them to reconsider on the basis that its a home olympics?

I'm sure he was doing what any coach would be doing and arguing his athlete's case. Whatever he was arguing, there certainly doesn't seem to have been home favouritism in the final decision!

I can't see any other grounds for his long discussion and gesticulation. what else could he have been saying?
As of this competition, judges are allowed to exercise discretion if they feel it appropriate.

This is what he was arguing for (and rightly so, because it's his team), but the judges decided it wasn't appropriate to grant it (and rightly so too, in my opinion.)

Well its bloody hard luck for Varnish for who the games are now over.As for the golden girl, she wants shooting for fucking it up royally. I wonder what Peter Wilson is doing later?

I can't see any other grounds for his long discussion and gesticulation. what else could he have been saying?

Nothing really but i assume he might have tried that it would;t have affected the time gap to third place.

Well its bloody hard luck for Varnish for who the games are now over.As for the golden girl, she wants shooting for fucking it up royally. I wonder what Peter Wilson is doing later?
It was the fault of both of them, not just one of them. But if I had to pick one to take the blame, it would be Varnish. Varnish moved up too early, Pendleton relied on that and moved through too early.

It's not "hard luck", it's inexcusable. This is what they train for. To change in the right place. Fuck sake.

That's a bit harsh. They train for this for four years, then a tiny human error and that's it. I feel just as sympathetic when some gymnast does a medal winning routine, only to fuck up the dismount.

Back
Top Bottom