Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

Wouldn't it be better if they all had the same spec kit?

It's a bit like F1 otherwise.

The kit is supposed to be commercially available according to the rules. The way this is being interpreted atm doesn't sit so well with me.

Edit: to answer your question, yes.

Australia and GB will dominate the track results here, because those are the two countries where track is currently a big deal within their cycling set ups.

I suppose the Rabobank / Holland cycling effort is small beer in your eyes. Australia might go well, they might just do ok or if they take a leaf out of their swimmers book they might go as badly as Beijing where they scored the same number of cycling medals as Argentina. Point is talking about GB and 'the rest of the world' encompasses Australia...but you think fit to pull me up and start blathering on about 'big deals'. You can't let anything pass you without opening that hole on the front or your arrogant face and like any pub bore have the last word on every single matter.

Yes lets see Nigel, cos everytime one of those countries you so readily dismiss beats an Aussie trackie I'll be back to ask you how 'big a deal' their track cycling programme is.

Apologies to the other thread users for the derail.

Yes China fastest in womens team sprint openers...not sure how much of a 'big deal' track cycling is there, lets see what Nige says.

Sigmund Fraud said:
I suppose the Rabobank / Holland cycling...
You've been modestly entertaining as prick in residence on the cycling threads, but at this stage I'm running out of patience with your repetitive, aggressive, dishonest idiocy.

At this year's world track championships, Australia (who headed the medal table) and GB (second place) won more Golds than every other country combined. In 2011, Australia (who headed the medal table) and GB (second place) also won more Golds than every other country combined. In 2010, Australia (who headed the medal table) and GB (second place) won one less Gold than every other country combined. In 2009, Australia finished top of the medal table, although Britain had a bad year and only came in third.

It really does take quite the cantankerous gobshite to turn a prediction of GB and Australia taking the lions share of the medals - as has been going on for years now - into some kind of controversy.

As for China, they consistently win one medal at Olympics and WCs, sometimes two. It's not impossible that they've launched some big programme aimed at these Olympics, but if they've done so, they haven't had much in the way of return on the track before just now.

Only half paying attention, but it sounds like she came through before the end of the first lap.

edit: or what weeps said.

Back
Top Bottom