Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cycling Track

This is what he was arguing for (and rightly so, because it's his team), but the judges decided it wasn't appropriate to grant it (and rightly so too, in my opinion.)

When can they apply discretion then? Seems bonkers that they can at all.

That's a bit harsh. They train for this for four years, then a tiny human error and that's it. I feel just as sympathetic when some gymnast does a medal winning routine, only to fuck up the dismount.
It's not luck though, is it? Hard or otherwise. It's error, not luck.

I can't see any other grounds for his long discussion and gesticulation. what else could he have been saying?

They've said they'd 'exercise discretion' so he might have been asking them to do that. Or that it was marginal. Maybe it wasn't cut and dried? Could be loads of things. And that is his job.

You've been modestly entertaining as prick in residence on the cycling threads, but at this stage I'm running out of patience with your repetitive, aggressive, dishonest idiocy.

Thanks for the compliment Nige, 'entertaining' is a nice thing to say amongst all the nasty things you've gravitated toward. Naturally I'm terrified but also curious as to what happens when you finally run out of patience...will I be locked in a room with you and Pat McQuaid and forced to go over the stats from the Tour of Quatar? Actually Nige have you ever been seen in the same room as daft Pat, suspicious that you never post on here when medals are being given....must have killed you having to give gold to Wiggo yesterday.

quaid_1898536c.jpg

Thanks for the compliment Nige, 'entertaining' is a nice thing to say amongst all the nasty things you've gravitated toward.

Oh come on, Sigmund. This is a bit disappointing from you. Shouldn't you be scouring the results looking for some track championships to cherry pick results from again? Here, I'll even give you a hint. Australia were shit at the 2008 Worlds as well as the Olympics. Of course, 2007 was yet another year with GB and Australia occupied the top two spots on the medal table.

Fortunately, I can prove I'm not Fat Pat. I am after all dubious about accepting the Sky miracle at face value without some hard questions being asked and answered. Fat Pat would certainly approve more of your attitude.

And if they do this time so what? You get crowned worlds most obvious cunt?

So what? Nothing at all. It should be bleeding obvious that GB and Australia are likely to be the dominant teams. They have been pretty consistently since about 2006 after all, with one shit year each in that time. You are the one who seems to think there's something controversial about it. So controversial that you triumphantly cherry pick the results of one championships to "prove" your point.

Its also 'bleeding obvious' that Australia are part of 'the rest of the world' - but no, I need to be corrected on this point. And it needs to be hammered home again and again
I guess we'll see what your interpretation of 'lions share' is too at the end of the games. I suspect you might want to go and look at some lions first and measure how much antelope they get versus the hyenas, maribou storks and other scavengers. Then you will be here to tell everyone and argue the toss about which part of the antelope counts as food and which doesn't.

Looks like the relatively skinny people are winning this year - the Germans looked twice the size of the Brits.

Back
Top Bottom