Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crystal Palace 20/21 Season: Eze does it.

Has he been a problem regards wanting a move? He seems open to moving (winning trophies etc) but not disriptutive?

Has he been a problem regards wanting a move? He seems open to moving (winning trophies etc) but not disriptutive?
He's quite clearly want-away, and it was a big problem towards the end of last seasons transfer window. There were conflicting accounts, never properly resolved either way, that he put in a last minute transfer request.

He appears to have some amateurish support around him, including family members, who tried to influence proceedings by creating press stories, etc.
If things don't go well for him this window (and they may well not do) we may see a repeat performance. Having said that they might have all learned their lesson. The whole situation did not ultimately benefit Wilf, Palace, or the buying clubs (Arsenal and Everton were the clubs supposedly interested).

He's quite clearly want-away, and it was a big problem towards the end of last seasons transfer window. There were conflicting accounts, never properly resolved either way, that he put in a last minute transfer request.

He appears to have some amateurish support around him, including family members, who tried to influence proceedings by creating press stories, etc.
If things don't go well for him this window (and they may well not do) we may see a repeat performance. Having said that they might have all learned their lesson. The whole situation did not ultimately benefit Wilf, Palace, or the buying clubs (Arsenal and Everton were the clubs supposedly interested).
Cheers, had not followed the internal wranglings. Do you see Zaha as a positive squad player on/off the field for the club as a whole?

Maybe following the LFC (Coutinho, Sterling, etc) transfers got me thinking of dressing room niggles, fakey injuries and such) :hmm:

Cheers, had not followed the internal wranglings. Do you see Zaha as a positive squad player on/off the field for the club as a whole?

Maybe following the LFC (Coutinho, Sterling, etc) transfers got me thinking of dressing room niggles, fakey injuries and such) :hmm:
On the field he's hugely positive. His contribution goes way beyond the meagre goals and assists stats headlines. He ties up opposition resources, creates havoc, adds unpredictability, and would undoubtedly have better stats if he had a better supporting cast around him.
Off the field I'm not sure. He's petulant now, but getting on with it. I don't think that any negativity on his part is dragging squad morale down particularly. Even during his subdued previous season, he's still routinely our most influential player game in game out.

I'd prefer him to stay, even if unsettled. The prospect of Zaha, Eze, PVA and Bats linking up together down the left side of attack is mouthwatering!

i) that was absolutely a penalty
ii) de Gea was off his line
iii) Palace should have scored at least one and probably two more goals

Can anyone tell me why people keep mentioning Evra, Zaha and David Moyes's daughter?

Keep seeing it pop up but can't work it out.

i) that was absolutely a penalty
ii) de Gea was off his line
iii) Palace should have scored at least one and probably two more goals

Totally agree with i and iii but I thought the re-take was harsh. He was inches at most off the line, keepers used to be a yard off in the 90s. I can't see what advantage you gain from an inch, but I guess it's technically correct.

I'll take it though, it's funny enough getting a pen at OT but a flukey retake to score, is hilarious

So, it looks as though Palace will profit from the Sørloth transfer after all. Striker now photo'd arriving in Leipzig ahead of transfer. Proceeds to be split 50/50 between Trabzonspor and Palace, with each club to receive £10M (plus rumoured £2M add-ons) + 10% sell on fee.

Might seem like an odd deal (we pay 50% of sale receipts to a loan club to return our own player to us), but I actually think this is a great result for Palace. It's clear that the initial deal was a delayed sale, and that we just wanted to get him off our books. Equally clear that Trabz could not act without our help (they couldn't activate his purchase clause). So 50/50 feels about right.

Rumours that Sainsbury's have started to shift a bit on price. I'm not talking about their BOGOF on Gü puddings, I'm referring to their stubborn refusal to yield to our stadium redevelopment plans over a postage stamp sized corner of their car park.

Good news if true. Cat 1 academy + revamped Main Stand would actually be a decent legacy for our time in the Prem up to now.

Back
Top Bottom