Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Craig Murray: The Israeli Ambassador, Fox, Werrity, the neocons and an attack on Iran.

Good old Craig. Heard him speak up here a few weeks ago, laying into Liam Fox. From a Liberal Democrat he was surprising critical of capitalism (quite a move from his position in 'Murder in Sumarkand').

Neocons have been itching for war with Iran: a useful collaboration of interests. The revisionist-Zionists because of Iranian backing for the forces that have humiliated Israeli-expansionist policies in Lebanon; and the Americans because their toady autocrat was replaced by an non-toady autocrat.

Whistleblowing in the surveillance state is a difficult activity. I left through a neighbour’s garden, not carrying a mobile phone, puffed and panted by bicycle to an unmonitored but busy stretch of road, hitched a lift much of the way, then ordered a minicab on a payphone from a country pub to my final destination, a farm far from CCTV. There the intermediary gave me the message: what really was worrying senior civil servants in the Cabinet Office was that the Fox-Werritty link related to plans involving Mossad and the British Ambassador to Israel, Matthew Gould.

Is this melodramatic nonsense or sincere, I just cannot tell.

There is a huge government cover-up in progress over the Werritty connection to Mossad and the role of British Ambassador to Israel Matthew Gould, and their neo-con plan to start a war with Iran.

Yesterday at 22.15pm I submitted by email a Freedom of Information request for:

All communications in either direction ever made between Matthew Gould and Adam Werritty, specifically including communications made outside government systems.

At 23.31pm I was astonished to get a reply from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office. The request was refused as it was

“likely to exceed the cost limit”.

Now it is plainly nonsense that to gather correspondence between two named individuals would be too expensive. They could just ask Gould.

And a reply at nearly midnight? The Freedom of Information team in the FCO is not a 24 hour unit. Plainly not only are they hiding the Gould/Werritty correspondence, they are primed and on alert for this cover-up operation.

Even more blatant was the obstruction of MP Paul Flynn, when he attempted to question Cabinet Secretary Gus O’Donnell on the Gould-Werritty connection at the House of Commons Public Administration Committee. These are the minutes: anybody who believes in democracy should feel their blood boil as you read them:......

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2011/11/gould-werritty-a-real-conspiracy-not-a-theory/

Incidentally according to the comments this has made it into Private Eye which is as mainstream as it's gotten so far. Anyone read the relevant issue?

He attracts some delightful commentators, doesn't he?

I can’t work out whether the press has got no backbone, no balls or no foreskin.

I don't really see how being sent to Tashkent to dispense Ferrero Rochers automatically makes Murray an expert on protocol for highly sensitive discussions where there's every possible justification for avoiding reportage.

@ Maurice I think there's a little more than dispensing Ferrero Rochers in the duties of an ambassador. What he became aware of whilst in Uzbekistan is the reason why he lost his job and was the target of a smear campaign. As for being an expert on protocol I'm fairly sure he knows a great deal more about it that you or I.

I don't understand why we would have a Zionist as British Ambassador to Israel.

It's a logical extension of
a) "our" (i.e. our political and diplomatic establishments and successive governments) pro-Israel bias as manifested from the mid-'50s-onward, and
b) our Atlanticists swallowing the prevailing US view on the geo-strategic value of Israel, and therefore of a functional rightists state of Israel, supposedly as a bulwark against pan-Arabism (and, for the last 3 decades, insurgent Islamism) etc, but actually as (among other things) a convenient nuclear threat against the assorted Arab states.

Posting a Jewish and staunchly Zionist ambassador is an endorsement of the state of Israel, and a signal of readiness to "do business" with that state in terms of endorsing (or at least only minimally criticising) any actions that state takes.

@ Maurice I think there's a little more than dispensing Ferrero Rochers in the duties of an ambassador. What he became aware of whilst in Uzbekistan is the reason why he lost his job and was the target of a smear campaign. As for being an expert on protocol I'm fairly sure he knows a great deal more about it that you or I.

Maurice knows this. He's putting up flak. :)

Posting a Jewish and staunchly Zionist ambassador is an endorsement of the state of Israel, and a signal of readiness to "do business" with that state in terms of endorsing (or at least only minimally criticising) any actions that state takes.
What about our Colombian connection?
I could do some business, boost the economy.
I'm the ideal candidate next time they sell off 'Ambassadorships'.
I'm on a lucky here. :)

It's a logical extension of
a) "our" (i.e. our political and diplomatic establishments and successive governments) pro-Israel bias as manifested from the mid-'50s-onward, and
b) our Atlanticists swallowing the prevailing US view on the geo-strategic value of Israel, and therefore of a functional rightists state of Israel, supposedly as a bulwark against pan-Arabism (and, for the last 3 decades, insurgent Islamism) etc, but actually as (among other things) a convenient nuclear threat against the assorted Arab states.

I kinda knew that, I was trying to be more relaxed about it. ... .. .

I feel a bit odd after reading that link. It's quite disturbing. An excellent piece. Thank you very much.

could you explain why this article was "pulled"..was it for legal reasons??
or political pressure???

Yea it was for legal reasons, at least the tweet I got that link from also had a link to the original Graun page which said pretty much that. Apologies, I probably should have posted it as well, for clarity. Also I already knew the Graun article had been pulled and could only be found on Google cache from another Tweet a couple of days earlier. It had to be noted that the Indy has already run a story as posted upthread. Their article deals primarily with the international relations aspect of this re: meetings with Fox, Werrity and Gould (our ambassador to Israel) and representatives of the Israeli government.

More from Craig Murray:

David Miliband and William Hague are implicated in three entirely new Adam Werritty/Matthew Gould meetings admitted by the FCO in response to one of my FOI requests. Gould’s meetings with Werritty, in his capacity as Principal Private Secretary to first Miliband and then Hague, were entirely left out of Gus O’Donnell’s “investigation” into Werritty’s activities......

http://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2012/01/werrittymiliband-they-were-all-in-it/

Once again the Indy seem to be the only paper that will touch the story (from Jan 8th):

Adam Werritty, Liam Fox's former adviser whose activities led to the Defence Secretary's resignation, held official talks with a senior civil servant at the Foreign Office when Labour was in power, it emerged last night.

Details released under the Freedom of Information Act show that Mr Werritty met Matthew Gould, principal private secretary to David Miliband when he was Foreign Secretary, on 8 September 2009.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...d-official-6286746.html?origin=internalSearch

He attracts some delightful commentators, doesn't he?

I don't really see how being sent to Tashkent to dispense Ferrero Rochers automatically makes Murray an expert on protocol for highly sensitive discussions where there's every possible justification for avoiding reportage.
It means he was a senior, experienced enough career diplomat to know how the FCO goes about such things, or rather is meant to go about such things.
I suspect, like VP did, you already knew that and were pulling our collective plonker:p

Back
Top Bottom