Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

12346188_543923432433400_1025935854_n.jpg

:thumbs :

awesome work frieda :cool::)

friedaweed you should be working on your art and crafting. So much talent.
I'm looking forward to seeing the revised frieda in the new year x

Thanks chucks. x

I've always painted and messed about with wood. The house if full of canvases. When I'm perplexed by the world it's a nice escape. Hence the recent creations :D

You two seem to be on another level though.:thumbs: I'd love to turn my hand to silversmithing :cool:

Thanks chucks. x

I've always painted and messed about with wood. The house if full of canvases. When I'm perplexed by the world it's a nice escape. Hence the recent creations :D

You two seem to be on another level though.:thumbs: I'd love to turn my hand to silversmithing :cool:

It's the "messing about" with yer wood that usually gets you in trouble, though!! :p

Not so much a craft thing but today I painted an old pine chest of drawers. I've been meaning to paint it for over 20 years :eek::oops::D
Anyway, I used Annie Sloan chalk paint and wax and it looks really good apart from the knobs. Once I can afford some new knobs I'll post a pic.
I've also made 5 silver bangles this week. It's surprising what you can do when you're home alone and the only way out is by bus. :)

I'm on a massive Presnisolone high, and making the most of it before the massive crash tomorrow. :mad:
So I've painted the kitchen, covered an IKEA stool with a red sheepskin (which meant buying a heavy duty staple gun :cool: ), and now I'm plotting a simple leather mini-rucksack from an old jacket.

I'm on a massive Presnisolone high, and making the most of it before the massive crash tomorrow. :mad:
So I've painted the kitchen, covered an IKEA stool with a red sheepskin (which meant buying a heavy duty staple gun :cool: ), and now I'm plotting a simple leather mini-rucksack from an old jacket.
How will you sew your rucksack? I want to buy a hide and make myself a leather apron, I'm thinking I might need to borrow an industrial sewing machine though. :( There's a leather merchants in Keighley that I've been to into the past with my friend who used to make bags. I've always wanted to try to make something for myself and a leather workshop apron shouldn't be too complicated.

Also, show us a pick of your sheepskin stool :cool:

I do it by hand. I have a bunch of tools that make holes in the leather first:

Screen Shot 2016-01-06 at 18.44.25.png

However I can use most of the seams lines already in the leather jacket so won't need to do much of that. I use big metal eyelets where possibly to attach straps etc.

And here's the stool with added Ranking Miss P.

IMG_4921.JPG

Last edited:
Not so much a craft thing but today I painted an old pine chest of drawers. I've been meaning to paint it for over 20 years :eek::oops::D
Anyway, I used Annie Sloan chalk paint and wax and it looks really good apart from the knobs. Once I can afford some new knobs I'll post a pic.
I've also made 5 silver bangles this week. It's surprising what you can do when you're home alone and the only way out is by bus. :)
Can I buy one please or maybe err yer know two :D

I had my Shirl Original on when we were in the Castle - should have let you have a shufty.

I'm serious actually. I would like to commission you to make me a bracelet or bojanglesbangles or whatever it is that you make. Just one for now so I can see what sort of standard it is and find out if I can actually afford two. Plated will do :D

No solid really ;)
pm your address and I'll post a couple down for you to have a look at. :)

Pheasant tail fibers, hares ear dubbing and some plastic choobing :D
Where do you get hare's ear dubbing? I don't know why I'm asking except that if you are a new fishing person, how do you know where to start with all that fly malarky?

Where do you get hare's ear dubbing? I don't know why I'm asking except that if you are a new fishing person, how do you know where to start with all that fly malarky?
I chased the fucker round a field with a sharpened spoon all day Christmas day. I told you I was going to do something different this Christmas ;)

youchoob innit dear :D and I treated myself to some fly tying materials before criggy. Finn Larden got a kit for his birthday in October and I've added to it. Plus a mate grapped a job lot of feathers and some threads for a fiver for me from a car boot.
We have a vice each now:cool:

You buy the dubbing in a set like this chuck.
20160107_212952 (800x450).jpg

I tend to take most of my fly tying tips from this legendary flytyer. Even if you're not into the sport or the craft he's a gem to watch and his voice is wonderful...

:D oh hang on maybe it's this one...

Most of these hooks are about 1 cm :cool:

That dubbing looks amazing. I love the colours.
Aye. The materials are lovely to work with.

This is seals fur dubbing. I collected this whilst out clubbing...
20160107_215111 (800x450).jpg

Then there''s all the lovely threads and tinsels and wires to work with too.
20160107_215255(1) (800x450).jpg

It's good craic. I'm really enjoying it. :)

The proof will be in the pudding though when I've got one under the grill that's been caught on one of my own flies. Larden beat me to that already :mad:

Back
Top Bottom