Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What do you buy at the airport?

This is a salient thread as not flown for ages and have a 9am flight in a few weeks time. Am staying at a hotel at the airport the night before so will have breakfast there as I get it free from status. A pint sounds good though, if there’s time.

I always bring a water bottle (an empty one) and fill up either using the Refill app to find somewhere or a public water fountain.

Terminal 5 at Heathrow has a water fountain outside the loos I think.

If I'm travelling with the family, some sort of overpriced breakfast (or whatever meal it is we're missing) on the way out, Toblerone and stupid sweets on the way back.

If I'm travelling alone, always the fabled Airport Pint (whatever time of day) and occasionally something fancy from duty free. I discovered my favourite ever perfume on a solo trip to Dublin a few years ago.

I went to buy a Toblerone last time I flew and it was so expensive. I swerved it and bought one in B&M Bargains for about £4. :oops:

I haven’t flown often enough to have a usual habit, but wherever there’s coffee available and I’m there for any length of time I buy a double espresso.

Back
Top Bottom