Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

could do with some fingers crossed for this one...

15459078117_fa43013f85_c.jpg

I'm making one of these... I was meant to be making one for gaijingirl but got sidetracked into making one for me :hmm: http://www.made-by-rae.com/washi/
aquaduo1.png

I've made life more complicated for myself by adding two features the designer thought of afterwards and blogged separately: a bodice lining and long sleeves. Not quite sure how it's all going to fit together but I expect I can bodge it.

Last edited:
I may add that I'm making this dress out of what appeared on the roll to be perfectly normal, if lightweight, brushed check shirting fabric, but turns out to have been woven by Satan himself. I've sewed with chiffon that behaved itself better :mad:

I'm making one of these... I was meant to be making one for gaijingirl but got sidetracked into making one for me :hmm: http://www.made-by-rae.com/washi/
aquaduo1.png

I've made life more complicated for myself by adding two features the designer thought of afterwards and blogged separately: a bodice lining and long sleeves. Not quite sure how it's all going to fit together but I expect I can bodge it.

How's this pattern going? I've liked it for a while - I like Made by Rae.

How's this pattern going? I've liked it for a while - I like Made by Rae.
Oh, I've finished it and worn it, and it's great! I can foresee making a ton of them. Although I think I will abandon the elastic in the back in future, and just put waist ties in the side seams. It's a useful sort of everyday dress. I hadn't sewn up the hem in this picture.
2014-11-02 21.49.34-1.jpg

ION I've just finished a jacket from this pattern. It was very interesting to make, lots of features you wouldn't get on a modern pattern eg the whole lining is hand sewn into the garment. It was done in a rush for an interview, so I didn't have time to mess around altering the pattern to fit me, so it's too small, but I still love it and will probably make another (properly fitted and out of nicer fabric) soon. Will take a picture when it's not dark. I also want to make a matching skirt, but not as pencilly as the pattern one which just wouldn't work on me, probably quite a full one.

I've resurrected a project I started in 2004 (not even my record: that goes to a bag started about '75 and finished last year)

It's a hooded coat made from a bed cover (black satin outside / faux tigerish fur on the inside) It shouldn't take too long as it's all cut out and body is sewn together, no hems or edges needed as I've used the bound edges of the bed cover. Only hood and sleeves to do. Still need to find a single big ornamental hook/buckle/fasterner or something to close it.

I may even finish it this time, I could do with a new coat.

Back
Top Bottom