Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

It's actually a dead easy pattern, as lace goes, because you only have to do anything lacy every 3rd row. Also it's quick because you use fluffy wool on massive needles - it took me a week and a half.

:D *that* is the pattern that i promised crustychick i would post up which i got from a knitting magazine but promptly lost it after id promised id post it up :rolleyes:

Finished scarf #2 for my other colleague. I now have 1 ball of this wool (Kidsilk Aura) left over, which is a bit useless as it's not enough to do much with. I was thinking of putting a fringe on the ends, but now it's finished I think that would spoil it.

View attachment 24660

Love the scarf but the granny blanket behind is fantastic :cool:
did you make it? got a pattern?

Love the scarf but the granny blanket behind is fantastic :cool:
did you make it? got a pattern?
I did. The pattern is from a Japanese book which is out of print. But this is a pretty good replica of it. The only major difference is that Lucy's version has fewer stitches in the final row, which is not so good IMO.

She does groups of 3 trebles, and 2 chain stitches for the corners, but the original does 4 trebles in each group, with 3 chain stitches for the corners.

I could scan the pattern for you, but if you follow the above and just change the last row it's much the same thing.

I am making a black silk dress (same as the brown flowery one, from the 40s dressing gown pattern) which is driving me nuts because I can't see what I'm doing.

In other news, I have bought a very swish new sewing machine, courtesy of my ex-colleagues and boss who chipped in for a leaving present for me. Arrives Tuesday <jumps up and down> :D

I'm doing the Fighting Words mittens like yours, hope you don't mind. That's another thing to not wear if I'm in the same room as you sometime :D

Oh nooooo! I did that with my favourite red dragon scale mittens, hence needing some new ones. :(

Taking a shift dress in at the back and then up a bit. No pics until it's finished, but it's needed for the weekend.

I have finished the front of a lacy top thing I was knitting and it's insanely huge, and I think would be really unflattering if finished. Been working on it since May :rolleyes:

Finished the hem, now taking the back in. Strictly speaking this is the wrong order to work in, but the dress will be more wearable with the hem sewn and the back safetypinned than the other way round.

I have finished the front of a lacy top thing I was knitting and it's insanely huge, and I think would be really unflattering if finished. Been working on it since May :rolleyes:
Hate it when that happens. I did something similar with a Rowan KSH pattern. :rolleyes: did me tension square and everything, but it's massive.

Black silk dress is nearly finished and is going to be ace. I've found a new and very satisfactory method of doing button loops.

Two points I haven't decided on. It's a wrapover dress and on the inside edge I've put fabric ties to do it up with, but can't decide what to do about the outside. Haven't really got enough fabric left for more ties, and also I'm mostly going to wear it with a belt, when the ties would be slightly annoying. Could do another loop and button, except that I've run out of the little self-cover buttons I was using on the cuffs.

Also it comes with a wide sash to tie round, but this is a bit short and floppy, and my mother suggested interfacing it and gathering it into a buckle instead. Dunno if this would work - it's only one thickness of fabric.

Here is a photo of the satisfactory button loops which are made with something called hedebo knots which I hadn't encountered before:
loops.jpg

That looks lovely from that little pic! I don't like a sash meself, always makes me feel a bit 'sack of potatoes'. Belt is better.

Back
Top Bottom