Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

Hello.
I've just subscribed to this thread.
Gonna have a good read of it when I come back in cos it looks cool.
I did some biro drawings, could be counted as a craft?
I'm gonna be putting some colour in them.
When well enough I wanna start making money out of doing things like murals, or party backdrops, etc, but I would need lifts as I don't drive or have transport.
Here they are. http://www.urban75.net/forums/posts/11432631/

Thought I'd post a couple of pics of what I've been doing - hope to see other people's as well if possible :)

These are the decoupage eggs - they still need a fair bit of varnishing to get them even. Then below are some decoupage napkin rings I made for Mum and Dad for Christmas plus I embrodered the napkins as well (though didn't make the napkins themselves, they were from M&S :D!)

18180_280737361499_705801499_4076715_4801060_n.jpg

18180_280737321499_705801499_4076713_25489_n.jpg
I can't see the images :( am curious now.

this is my mountain/loch combo quilt piecemountains.jpg based on this photo
Loch na Sealga.jpg
my photography aint up to much as this was one of the most stunning places I've ever been - the mountains are very powerful there
(Loch na Sealga)
I lay down on the shingle for a snooze (after a lovely long walk) and woke up feeling more peaceful than I'd done in a long time hence the quote on the bottom
'I will lift my eyes up to the hills from whence comes my help'

Looks beautiful Miss-Shelf, and like your quilt piece too :)

(wow, just googled and that's right up at the top of Scotland)

Biddlybee - it was amazing. Friends of mine have a family croft in the area and they took me there. Very lucky to get there.

(I obviously took lots of artistic license in regards to the mountains:oops: I did what was easy not accurate)

I reckon if we ever get our van, up that way will be at the top of the list.

Are you planning on making more pieces?

For people who didn't go to BoomTown, or read the thread, here's all 5 Glownimals (Lion, eagle, T-Rex, Elephant, Wolf)

boomtown-fair-2012-arcadia-15.jpg

and Bender

432071_10151466095707741_742840524_n-jpg.22167

(There's a loudspeaker in the head and a control box in the hand. It has 20 different phrases like "Bite my shiny metal ass" and "Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves")

What do you get if you take a flyer, a couple of used colour catchers, the inside of a fortune cookie and a snippet from an overpriced magazine? BTW Is there a glue for sticking things like felt to card and paper without either cockling (gloy), peeling off (pritt), or showing through (copydex)?
mixmedalien.jpg

depends what it's for and how permanent you want it. There is photomount, but that's pretty manky to use. I use herma dotto for cards etc, and seems to work sticking most materials.

depends what it's for and how permanent you want it. There is photomount, but that's pretty manky to use. I use herma dotto for cards etc, and seems to work sticking most materials.
I want the bits to stay fixed once they're stuck down, even if they're rubbed against, or slightly folded. The glue also needs to be fairly easy to apply to irregular shapes, and no fumes.

For people who didn't go to BoomTown, or read the thread, here's all 5 Glownimals (Lion, eagle, T-Rex, Elephant, Wolf)

boomtown-fair-2012-arcadia-15.jpg

and Bender

432071_10151466095707741_742840524_n-jpg.22167

(There's a loudspeaker in the head and a control box in the hand. It has 20 different phrases like "Bite my shiny metal ass" and "Compare your lives to mine and then kill yourselves")

post of fucking win :cool::D

i really want to make a quilt this term. don't think it's going to tick the boxes for our project (cos they've so far given us the square root of fuck all in the way of info) but i'm keeping my fingers crossed. even if i don't get to do it i'm enjoying planning it in my head and on my bed :) i have loads of gorgeous wool scraps and just playing around grouping them into different colour combos and stuff warms my frozen heart a little.

Because my sewing machine is still at the menders, I'm currently making buttonholes by hand and having massive flashbacks to doing this as a kid, when no sewing machine had a buttonhole facility.

Back
Top Bottom