Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

A Snowy finger puppet for boychild :) View attachment 16307 Only I think it's going to be too big :(

I love that!

toggle - your shawl is beautiful, you're very clever.

I have finished the neck thingy!!! Finally. He really likes it because he can pull it up and be a ninja (of course) so it is actually much better/cooler than a proper scarf. I am pleased with it but I don't think I'm ever going to be a knitter - it's a bit boring and takes too long to see results :oops: Oh well, that's the only way you ever find out what your skills are :D

I will take a pick in a couple of days when my life is a bit less manic

I love that!

toggle - your shawl is beautiful, you're very clever.

I have finished the neck thingy!!! Finally. He really likes it because he can pull it up and be a ninja (of course) so it is actually much better/cooler than a proper scarf. I am pleased with it but I don't think I'm ever going to be a knitter - it's a bit boring and takes too long to see results :oops: Oh well, that's the only way you ever find out what your skills are :D

I will take a pick in a couple of days when my life is a bit less manic

you could try crochet, the results are a bit faster

you could try crochet, the results are a bit faster
Or I could just stick to sewing which is REALLY fast!I had hoped to be able to knit watching telly but haven't managed to achieve that yet. Still, foal is very pleased with his neck warmer, as were the women at the afterschool club last night so I feel inordinately proud :D

spanglechick tried to teach me to crochet once but failed (I was a bit pissed at the time)

if you have the basics the instructions on that pattern are really good and clear, i made mine when i was pretty much a crochet novice :)
Nope I really don't have a clue. Honestly, she ended up getting quite annoyed with me because I was SO incompetent (but I had drunk half a bottle of Sailor Jerry)

More finger puppets :) I have been asked for a dinosaur one next. Lord knows how I'm gonna figure that one out! View attachment 16498
As a starting point: Body & arms shape from the frog, more or less the same head shape as the dog but leave off the ears (and make the nose the same colour as the rest of the head), optional ridge down the back.

As a starting point: Body & arms shape from the frog, more or less the same head shape as the dog but leave off the ears (and make the nose the same colour as the rest of the head), optional ridge down the back.
Thanks :) any ideas about an alien and a cupcake one now please? I have been given strict instructions :D

Hmmm. What about a grey? Basic body shape, large egg shaped head, oval diagonally slanting black eyes.

A cupcake???? :eek:

Do you need it to be re-positionable? If not, Bostik Fast Tak is cheaper, but can stain some delicate papers over time. What's it for?

I'm doing a collage, so paper onto paper, but with some fiddly bits that it wouldn't be easy to just glue. I hadn't really thought about the repositionable thing. I suppose it might be a good idea.

Gosh, those are beautiful vm!

I am really ashamed of my poor efforts but ruby was a complete genius for suggesting I make the scarf into a neck warmer

He is very happy with it:
P2090210.JPG

especially as it also turns into a ninja thing (that's a fierce ninja face obv)
P2090211.JPG

Gosh, those are beautiful vm!

I am really ashamed of my poor efforts but ruby was a complete genius for suggesting I make the scarf into a neck warmer
That was clever of me. Specially as I have no recollection of this at all :hmm:. It looks great though and in some ways a lot snugglier than a scarf. I've never made myself a cowl because I think it'd annoy me getting it on and off over my hair, glasses etc, but if you don't have to worry about that I can see they're great.

Meanwhile I'm very slowly and unenthusiastically knitting myself some uber-long legwarmers that I'm not convinced will be at all flattering, and more enthusiastically sewing a net skirt.

I saw this woman in Liberty's the other day wearing one - kind of ballerina-ish but not because it was soft and drapey, brown with little gold sequins on. She was wearing it with a jumper and it looked amazing. My favourite budget fabric shop provided some soft black net with polka dots on it, some stiffer net as a secondary layer, and I got some dark blue lining with brocade flowers on (which doesn't sound like it'd work but does) and am just doing a circle skirt. If I have the energy I'm going to sew some tiny flower or possibly star sequins onto some of the polka dots.

I am going to have to make someone REALLY hate me by getting them to do the hem <cough> Biddly? <cough>

Back
Top Bottom