Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

Can't take the credit for the pattern, unfortunately, but it was fun to see them appear as I knitted. :)

Can't take the credit for the pattern, unfortunately, but it was fun to see them appear as I knitted. :)
The scarf looks amazing. Think I saw something similar on anticraft - how long did that take you?

Wow that is so cool moose!

Today I started recovering my dining room chairs which are really grubby and foul. I have sprayed the new fabric with Scotchguard so I'm hoping it will stand up better to the constant ketchup assault slightly better.

PB280136.JPG

I forgot to update this thread to say that I did get my press releases done. There is seemingly no typewriter that does not stick, jam or have some other fatal flaw, so having tried 3 different ones I ended up just Photoshopping the mistakes out after scanning the text in :rolleyes:

I got an enthusiastic email back from the main UK folk review mag, particularly mentioning the beauty of the press release and packaging.

Ta :) Suggestions for other animals welcome. Has to have strong lines and shapes that can be outlined. If anyone wants to supply their own bike helmet and pay me for parts and labour, I'll make one for you :)

been making christmas decorations today in preparation for the arrival of new christmas tree :D

6454671985_5bec0a1a3e_o.jpg

only hand sewing random scraps of material (and one knitted) but I think it's sparked my need to sew again in the new year, going to get cutting out patterns ready for January :)

They do all seem to have their own little facial expressions! :D

And they're only easy to make cos you're clearly good at sewing and stuff. :cool:
I'm not that great at sewing honest, have a look at the blog I found it on... it really is dead easy - all you need to know how to do is backstitch and to draw round and cut out a couple of templates.

There are step by step instructions :) and it doesn't even matter that I can't sew straight :oops:

http://agataria.blogspot.com/2011_03_01_archive.html

I love those masks Crispy, be great for festivals :cool:

Hmm...I am looking for a couple of interesting uphoulstery fabrics, one for a pair of cushions, one to finally recover my chaise. The cushion stuff needs to be a pattern/print, as it's to go with two faux fur/sueded cream ones on my bed, am not sure what I want on the chaise, though something hardwearing obviously, and maybe a jaquard? No idea on colour for it either but my room has a brown leather bed and my dressing table will have a cream curtain/sashes on the bottom...:hmm: Leopard? :D

wranglers_bright_ad2.jpg

wranglers_teaadd2.jpg

:hmm: :D

I'm pretty sure I've never had leopard anything in my bedrooms over the years, I just don't know if it might look a bit too much brothel rather than boudoir :D

regent-peacock-expanded_2.jpg

That is lovely, and could be better for a more 30s theme, my sewing machine is now in a lock up so it's a bit academic for a few weeks, but it's good to look. :)

not sure how many owls you need until you can call it a parliament (I only learned this collective noun yesterday :D), but I reckon I'm getting there...

6459793117_586fa46916_o.jpg
They are so cute! :cool:

I have finished covering the chairs! I need to make a new cushion for my Lloyd Loom chair to match but I need to move it to the spare room while the tree is up so I might leave it until after Xmas.

Scarf is coming along nicely - I hope to finish it next week (am finding knitting the plain navy bit in the middle stupidly dull and getting increasingly cross with myself for making a child's scarf about 30cm wide :facepalm: )

Back
Top Bottom