Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Crafty Thread - what are you working on at the moment?

The paper has come and the rough brown is perfect. It's also the perfect size to wrap a CD in, so the plan is to print them up with the typewritten text, wrap the CDs in them and tie with parcel string. Unfortunately I don't think that's robust enough packaging to send them in the post like that so they'll have to go in a bubble envelope as well, but at least I'm not creating extra packaging.

The grass paper is also nice - it literally has bits of grass in it. I'll have to think of something else to do with that.

i accidentally this at the british museum :facepalm: :D

6357251621_1b0b8baf83.jpg

crafty/suburban crossover here... I'm making my christmas fudge this weekend - it's a free weekend so I will confection dammit :D

...but, I've not got anything to put them in. I read somewhere that roasting bags were good, cellophane-like, but they're quite big. What do people reckon to disposable piping bags?

23200954713424.jpg

Other than that I don't know of any crafty places in London (central/south) I can get to today :(

:facepalm: I am daft and panicky... I can make the fudge, cut it up and freeze it in tupperware/clingfilm, then order some bags to package it up next week can't I?

Lol... hello I'm frantic-panic-biddling-bee :D

So... search for nicer/cheapy bags :)

Right, well I couldn't decide what to make and so how much fabric to buy so I got this in the end
http://www.spoonflower.com/fabric/667750

I need to recover my dining room chairs and make a couple of cushion covers and finish Elliot's scarf before I take on any more projects so a skirt is probably doable - it'll be done in time for summer :D

I've got a dead easy skirt pattern, and would be happy to do skirt making with you when things are a little less hectic. I did a session with RubyToogood in the summer :)

Fixed what I was fixing :)

All I need to do now is find something to make the holes I no longer need tidy (no tone controls any more)

:facepalm: I am daft and panicky... I can make the fudge, cut it up and freeze it in tupperware/clingfilm, then order some bags to package it up next week can't I?

Lol... hello I'm frantic-panic-biddling-bee :D

So... search for nicer/cheapy bags :)
Can you not get cellophane sheets from the stationers above the chemists near the cop shop? And do you really need to freeze fudge? It's got so much sugar in I can't see it going off, and it might spoil the texture.

It's for christmas pressies and my weekends are pretty hectic, so doing it while I can. I use cream in mine so shelf-life isn't as long.

I've frozen fudge before and it's been ok (admittedly I've eaten it before fully defrosted), but I was going to freeze it whether I had the cellophane or not, but have now found some that is biodegradable and quite cheap too :)

yeah i like the fact that the bottom one is clearer, but then i quite like the lack of clarity of the top one - that it blends more into an overall fabric/texture without screaming it's origins quite so stridently. the grid is a repeated theme in this piece so i'm not sure if i want to make it more or less obvious on this bit :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom