Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

I fucking miss Bunnings :(

I don't get why people are so upset about this mask business. And I think shops should absolutely be allowed to say "no mask - no entry"

Are shops considered private property? Or are they "public places" ?

I fucking miss Bunnings :(

I don't get why people are so upset about this mask business. And I think shops should absolutely be allowed to say "no mask - no entry"

Are shops considered private property? Or are they "public places" ?

Private property.

Refer to manager, not sure what they should do then though.
...and then they will stand there having the argument with them. It's such a waste of everyone's time. I mean they are not suddenly going to go "you know what? You're right. I should wear a mask. Thank you"
They are going to stand there and argue until they are blue in the face.
I hate these fucking people.

Last edited:
You’d have thought by now the shops would have just printed out their own leaflets explaining the key points that allow them to refuse entry. Hand the punter the leaflet, ask them to leave and then explain that if they will not leave, the store will <insert whatever the store has decided — security, cops, private prosecution, etc>. If the store hasn’t decided to do any of these things when defied, there’s no point in stringing it out into a long conversation either. Either the hammer is coming down or it isn’t.

What a total fucking horrible prick. I fucking hate humanity sometimes.
I think there are people out there who are just angry in general and want to have a go at someone - anyone - about something. This gives them an opportunity to do that.

ETA: and shouting at shop staff - well they know they are shouting at someone who is not in a position to either fight back verbally or just fucking hit them.

I think there are people out there who are just angry in general and want to have a go at someone - anyone - about something. This gives them an opportunity to do that.

ETA: and shouting at shop staff - well they know they are shouting at someone who is not in a position to either fight back verbally or just fucking hit them.

Just posted something on another thread about someone I know that seems to have been tipped over by this as well, they've fully plunged into conspiracy theory stuff around the pandemic. Posting videos to Youtube etc. Think for some people it's been the straw that broke their fragile grip on being sensible.

Just posted something on another thread about someone I know that seems to have been tipped over by this as well, they've fully plunged into conspiracy theory stuff around the pandemic. Posting videos to Youtube etc. Think for some people it's been the straw that broke their fragile grip on being sensible.
Being kind.....times are very stressful at the moment and I think many people, myself included, thought this would all blow over in a couple of months. Now it appears it's not going away for a very, very long time, I think it's tipping some people over the edge.

Last edited:

I've found myself being extra nice to shop staff, it's the least they deserve. I'm grateful that they are there and I can buy food.

Had to deal with a similar knobber today, let’s call him Angry Santa. He was taking off his mask and angrily muttering as I signposted him to the PC he had booked. I asked him to put his mask back on and he started banging on about government lies and how it’s not that serious blah blah blah. I just apologised for him being mildly inconvenienced and that if he didn’t like it he could leave. He kept on muttering but did it more quietly, the cowardly rotter.

Me too - I'm lucky that I can work at home and avoid people, but they can't so they absolutely deserve the utmost respect.
I went to my local shop yesterday. 5 customers, only 3 of us wearing masks. I felt like kicking off about it, but it just wasn't worth it. The staff didn't seem bothered - I guess they aren't paid enough to get into a fight, so I wasn't going to start one. As you say though, respect to them.

Nightclubs have been shut down in Catalonia/Barcelona due to the new rise in cases. What the fuck were they doing being open at the moment anyway? Fucking idiots.

6,000 new cases in Catalunya last week. 18 new hospitalisations, 1 new icu patient, 0 new deaths all week.

It's hard to say this without sounding like Donald trump but new cases are not the only relevant metric. Talk of second waves is premature, and coming from this UK govt it is absurd. It's not just Spain. Various countries in Europe have experienced (non-exponential) upticks in new cases without upticks in deaths, remaining at levels way below current UK deaths. E.g. if you look at Belgium, Switzerland, Austria.

6,000 new cases in Catalunya last week. 18 new hospitalisations, 1 new icu patient, 0 new deaths all week.

Yes, but hospitalisations tend to come around 2 weeks after testing positive, and deaths around 4 to 6+ weeks later.

I am sure there'll be an element of more targeted testing picking-up on more minor cases, and I hope that accounts for a high percentage of them, but too early to tell ATM.

Back
Top Bottom