Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

You wouldn't let it lie!
This results from this clinical trial should prove interesting.

Up to 10,000 NHS workers will be be given the same drug being taken by Donald Trump in the first major UK trial of hydroxychloroquine to prevent coronavirus.

Any references as to how serious and how frequent the side effects are compared to paracetamol yet? As you claimed they had "about the same amount" on another thread.

Any references as to how serious and how frequent the side effects are compared to paracetamol yet? As you claimed they had "about the same amount" on another thread.

Nope, my post on the Covid 19 America thread seems to have been heavily misconstrued by other posters - I made that post earlier today when I stopped for a bite at work - didn’t expect that kind of reaction and have since been prevented from responding there - so, let’s see how this clinical trial pans out, but it’s certainly an interesting development for our NHS.

Nope, my post on the Covid 19 America thread seems to have been heavily misconstrued by other posters - I made that post earlier today when I stopped for a bite at work - didn’t expect that kind of reaction and have since been prevented from responding there - so, let’s see how this clinical trial pans out, but it’s certainly an interesting development for our NHS.

How heavily misconstrued? You said the long and serious looking list of side effects for hydroxychloroquine someone posted were "about the same amount" as for paracetamol. Which would suggest to an unfamiliar observer that they'd be pretty safe taking the stuff without a prescription - as with paracetamol.

Do you not see how dangerous that could be? And if it was misconstrued then what did you mean by it?

How heavily misconstrued? You said the long and serious looking list of side effects for hydroxychloroquine someone posted were "about the same amount" as for paracetamol. Which would suggest to an unfamiliar observer that they'd be pretty safe taking the stuff without a prescription - as with paracetamol.

Do you not see how dangerous that could be? And if it was misconstrued then what did you mean by it?

This isn’t the thread to be continuing a discussion from another thread. My ability to reply on the appropriate thread has been removed before I got the opportunity to do so - so it’s now a moot point.

I understand that people are bored witless with this lockdown but spinning comments into hysteria surely can only be a passing distraction.

If you could back up your 'heavily misconstrued' comment with some sort of reference I for one would be happy to ask editor for your ban on that thread to be lifted. You're pretending you could if given the chance, but you can't which is now just dishonest.

It wasn't heavily misconstrued, and there's no hysteria as you're now claiming, that's just an insult to try to cover your having been called out on it .

If your ability to reply on one thread was removed it is probably safe to say that you continuing the discussion on a different thread is probably not a welcome development.

If you could back up your 'heavily misconstrued' comment with some sort of reference I for one would be happy to ask editor for your ban on that thread to be lifted. You're pretending you could if given the chance, but you can't which is now just dishonest.

It wasn't heavily misconstrued, and there's no hysteria as you're now claiming, that's just an insult to try to cover your having been called out on it .

My last comment on this.

If the editor gave a single fuck of me responding on the thread in question - he wouldn’t have banned me from it.

It’s no big deal, it could have been responded to easily and appropriately but fwiw - I was attempting to point out that many things come with a long list of side effects/warnings when taken.

But this hydroxychloroquine has been politicised to fuck now Trumps said he’s taken it so any objectivity of it will be thrown out the tainted window.

My last comment on this.

If the editor gave a single fuck of me responding on the thread in question - he wouldn’t have banned me from it.

It’s no big deal, it could have been responded to easily and appropriately but fwiw - I was attempting to point out that many things come with a long list of side effects/warnings when taken.

But this hydroxychloroquine has been politicised to fuck now Trumps said he’s taken it so any objectivity of it will be thrown out the tainted window.
And off this thread you go too with another warning in your ear. Your faux 'objective' spiel is painfully transparent now, and has been called out too many times by too many posters. Think very carefully what you post next.

*edit: oh, it's pushed him into a temp ban. Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.

Of course you knew what you were doing. Blaming other posters won't wash.

This may have been posted already as its a couple of weeks old but a good thread here on transmission risks which seems to confirm the evidence elsewhere that transmission is really concentrated on prolonged close contact (eg within households) and among the elderly (ie the elderly are more susceptible to contracting the disease in the first place, not just more vulnerable to the effects).

And off this thread you go too with another warning in your ear. Your faux 'objective' spiel is painfully transparent now, and has been called out too many times by too many posters. Think very carefully what you post next.

*edit: oh, it's pushed him into a temp ban. Oh dear, how sad, nevermind.

Bout time, don't really understand how someone can consistently be banned from so many threads and not get perma-binned.🤔 Still I'd be a shit mod no doubt:D:D

Fatality and Infection Ratios
Having established that the observed excess deaths can reasonably be attributed to COVID-19, we can use our estimates and
uncertainties of the excess mortality from the CGPh
counterfactual to calculate the fatality rates and infection fractions for
Italian regions. The left panel of Figure 5 shows the PFR in different age groups, the total number of excess mortality deaths
attributable to COVID-19 as a fraction of the population. We find a steep age dependence of PFR: in Bergamo province, 1.81%,
4.67%, and 10.6% of the entire population in the age groups 70-79, 80-89, and 90+, respectively, died.
For the entire population,
the PFR is 0.58%. Since the PFR also corresponds to IFR if the infection fraction is 1 (maximum possible), we expect these to
the be the most conservative lower limits on the (age dependent) IFR (Table 2).

Jesus.

Pdf is here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom