Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus - worldwide breaking news, discussion, stats, updates and more

elbows seen earlier today.

288340.jpg
I suggested elbows should be team leader for this, with 2hats as consultant, some time ago.

E2a: official advice even is to cough into your elbow, says it all.

Girlfriend went to Boots today and all hand sanitizer was sold out - staff said people were queuing before shop opened and were literally fighting for it off the shelves :eek:

Doesn’t take much for civility to crumble and panic set in.

What are you supposed to use to clean steering wheel etc?

No idea - and Amazon aren’t providing us with anything, like hand sanitizer - they’ve told us we can use face/surgical masks if we wish - again, not provided by Amazon.

At the debrief this morning I asked Amazon if they were going to reduce the size of the routes as they are supposed to be 9hrs but usually take longer as they are so heavy - and these new procedures they want us to apply will increase drop time - I was met with a blank stare and a mumble before Amazon bod moved onto something else.

No problem...can you summarise what's 'wrong' with the info? :facepalm: :( :oldthumbsup:

The stuff about symptoms is wrong (as we will see when the government ramp up the campaign to stay at home when ill).
The stuff about 26-27C is wrong.
The stuff about drinking and gargling is pretty useless (except that you should typically drink plenty of liquids when ill)
The description of how the pneumonia happens is wrong.
The nasal congestion thing is just weird rubbish.

Frankly, so much is wrong that anything in there that might be right is tainted and should be discovered via sources that arent so crappy. So much is wrong with this one that its just like one of those rubbish chain things that people just make up to see it spread.

The stuff about symptoms is wrong (as we will see when the government ramp up the campaign to stay at home when ill).
The stuff about 26-27C is wrong.
The stuff about drinking and gargling is pretty useless (except that you should typically drink plenty of liquids when ill)
The description of how the pneumonia happens is wrong.
The nasal congestion thing is just weird rubbish.

Frankly, so much is wrong that anything in there that might be right is tainted and should be discovered by sources that arent so crappy. So much is wrong with this one that its just like one of those rubbish chain things that people just make up to see it spread.

Appreciated. :facepalm:

I just don't know how people find the time or motivation to bother being so fucking crap!

Thanks again.

More really frightening stuff from Italian hospitals where staff are having to make decisions about who gets intensive care and who doesn’t. Message is that to avoid these horrific choices having to be made in a couple of weeks we have to make the awkward but less morally difficult one of enforcing distancing now.

instead, some football team from Milan and their fans who can’t play at home are coming to liverpool ?

Is it still impossible for Britain to avoid an Italy like outbreak?

Would not the earlier shutdown of events, the distancing and working from home wherever possible, and the like - other measures - not likely reduce the overall level of our own outbreak?

Would not the earlier shutdown of events, the distancing and working from home wherever possible, and the like - other measures - not likely reduce the overall level of our own outbreak?

Every bit of advice coming out of Italy i've seen suggests shut downs, social distancing etc as a matter of precaution/prevention NOT as a response to the expected dramatic increase of infections.

More really frightening stuff from Italian hospitals where staff are having to make decisions about who gets intensive care and who doesn’t. Message is that to avoid these horrific choices having to be made in a couple of weeks we have to make the awkward but less morally difficult one of enforcing distancing now.

instead, some football team from Milan and their fans who can’t play at home are coming to liverpool ?

Atletico Madrid is the team playing Liverpool tonight. Point still stands though.

Every bit of advice coming out of Italy i've seen suggests shut downs, social distancing etc as a matter of precaution/prevention NOT as a response to the expected dramatic increase of infections.
That is all very well - but I suspect Italy had more cases than we have now before they even started testing for it, so I am not sure I would take Italian advice too strongly.

Yep but Gov not doing that so far, they are still telling everyone to carry on as normal unless they are ill in which case phone 111.
That is all very well - but I suspect Italy had more cases than we have now before they even started testing for it, so I am not sure I would take Italian advice too strongly.
we are estimated to be 13 days behind Italy and not taking any drastic measures at all just buying loo roll.

I mean what do they know anyway? :facepalm:

We have no clue how many cases we have here. Even the lying, prevaricating government are saying they expect it to get much worse etc.

They have more ICU beds and are at breaking point, practically making choices who to save?

But what did the Romans ever do for us?

Let's take it on the chin.

So far we have relied on the airlines stopping flights for commercial reasons to restrict incoming individuals from infected areas, there has been slim to no advice from government on that matter, and we still have mass events like Cheltenham going ahead with tens of thousands in close proximity.

It almost seems government will accept mass UK infections before they take further action, rather than moving to stamp it out at an earlier stage while infections are still low.

So far we have relied on the airlines stopping flights for commercial reasons to restrict incoming individuals from infected areas, there has been slim to no advice from government on that matter, and we still have mass events like Cheltenham going ahead with tens of thousands in close proximity.

It almost seems government will accept mass UK infections before they take further action, rather than moving to stamp it out at an earlier stage while infections are still low.

Yes. We know. So why are you also saying ignore the Italians? :hmm: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom