Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Yeah it initially seemed like a ballache but on closer inspection it doesn't seem that big a deal. Just do a lateral flow test which is a good idea anyway when meeting up with friends. Report the result of the test online (as you're supposed to do anyway with these tests) then take a screenshot of the negative confirmation.

It does seem to rely completly on honesty in that it is reliant on you telling the truth with regard to the test being negative. I think the temptation to lie will be quite strong for many if the test comes back positive because it would mean missing the event and possibly losing your money.
Tbh I think and hope you'll be quite safe at the game but I couldn't be arsed with it all.

I haven't yet even started to confront the issue of when or not and whether or not festivals (small) can go ahead .... :confused:

In our still-theoretical plans ......

The first of our two tinies (w/e of Saturday 10th July) is in Powys.

The second of those (w/e of Saturday 17th July) is in Shropshire.

I haven't yet even started to confront the issue of when or not and whether or not festivals (small) can go ahead .... :confused:

Both of these are before the 19th July so even in the unlikely event that restrictions are lifted on the 19th it will be too late to save these two. That is unless they want to limit the numbers to 30.

Both of these are before the 19th July so even in the unlikely event that restrictions are lifted on the 19th it will be too late to save these two. That is unless they want to limit the numbers to 30.
That's "congregating groups of 30 maximum" in a maximum crowd of 4000 as per governement guidelines staff workers and volunteers not included in that cap.

Great. So as long as people don't congregate at stages festivals are fine.
Only pointing out what is allowed.
What is sensible is not something I would follow the governement guidance on though.
And yes: people social distancing after a few drinks is in the unicorn universe not our one.

Yep, me too, though my 10 July is in Leicestershire.

My assumption is that they are off. I'm gutted.

Haven't heard from either of them yet, though. I am adding to my plans for August to compensate - I've discovered I qualify for Boom Village, so I've applied for that. Had to provide proof of address!

Haven't heard from either of them yet, though. I am adding to my plans for August to compensate - I've discovered I qualify for Boom Village, so I've applied for that. Had to provide proof of address!
And all of a sudden, a proper small diy festival I had booked for w/e 10/7 has rescheduled for 13/14 August!

Proper pleased.

But with all the festivals concerteenering up into August, there are going to be clashes. Do I waste my already bought Mayhem at Mick's ticket and fork out £200 to do Boom Village? or do I still go to Mick's?

(answer - Eastfield are playing Mayhem - if anyone on here desparately wants to go to the stripped down Boomtown, I have registered for a ticket as a local resident - I may be able to help)

I'd be very surprised if people above (saying both of these now wonlt happen) are wrong :(

However, we do await Mark Drakeford's statement about Welsh rules and dates for changes to them -- will check when I have time, but the Welsh Government often announce stuff on Fridays..

I've just asked Gail directly on Facebook about her event in Shropshire -- surprisingly, she hasn't said anything yet.

I've just asked Gail directly on Facebook about her event in Shropshire -- surprisingly, she hasn't said anything yet.

Gail wants to go ahead with her mini-fest in Shropshire (weekend of Saturday July 17th). To that end, she's now put out her plans on Facebook.

Lateral Flow tests on arrival, gigs will be seated with tables of six, table service from the pub I think.

A track and trace arrangement -- all people will need to leave their full contact details.

I think this could work prety well. It's a small event, and it looks like Gail's sought some good advice to plan it properly :) :cool:
She also has plenty of her own fest-organising experience :cool:

Bigfoot festival is happening this weekend. It's run by the same people who do London Craft Beer Festival and I think they've got round it as it is a "food and drink" event, mainly...decent line up. 4000 cap.

At download pilot and it’s been amazing even though I’m not really into this music.
One band asked for a show of hands on double vaccinations, I reckon 60%. You’d have to consider yourself unlucky if you get sick from this. It’s all outside and the crowd is approaching heard immunity.

William of Walworth said:

Big Love Festival (Clyro Court/Baskerville Hall, next to Hay-on-Wye, w/e of Saturday 10th July) has now been cancelled
:( :(

I'd been really looking forward to this one! :(

Still, I completely agree with why the organisers have decided to sack the fest until next July -- I had no idea that the restrictions in Wales were being so severely applied ..... :eek:

Gail wants to go ahead with her mini-fest in Shropshire (weekend of Saturday July 17th). To that end, she's now put out her plans on Facebook.

Lateral Flow tests on arrival, gigs will be seated with tables of six, table service from the pub I think.

A track and trace arrangement -- all people will need to leave their full contact details.

I think this could work prety well. It's a small event, and it looks like Gail's sought some good advice to plan it properly :) :cool:
She also has plenty of her own fest-organising experience :cool:
We've decided between us not to go -- festivaldeb is a lot more unhappy about the restrictions than I am, but I respect her reasons.

We'll be going to Something Else by the Sea in Devon in late September anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom