Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Ireally shouldn't have done that pissed. I have a QR code, but no idea how to save it. Hopefully I can find it again.

Only three days before their gates open so even the 19th would be a bit awkward for set up. And then any delay/restrictions at all afterwards could well completely duck it.
i understand their nervousness - its a massive gamble for them if they had to cancel at the last minute- but Javid has said "there is no going back" and that lifting restrictions will be "irreversible”. Sounds pretty unequivocal to me what path the government are on.
Anyhow, as ever, everyone should make their own judgements whats right or wrong, certainly not base their actions on the thinking of Sajid fucking Javid.

This is inexcusable from government really:
“Whilst the prime minister and his colleagues say there will be no restrictions on society at that point, we have been unable to get any confirmation of what the plan is,” the organisers said in a statement. “Nor is there any clarity on how what is being learned from the events research programme might affect the guidance for festivals and how they are required to operate.”

And this must sting:" Latitude and Tramlines festivals – which fall on the same weekend as Womad – were admitted into the government’s (test) programme"

i understand their nervousness - its a massive gamble for them if they had to cancel at the last minute- but Javid has said "there is no going back" and that lifting restrictions will be "irreversible”. Sounds pretty unequivocal to me what path the government are on.
Anyhow, as ever, everyone should make their own judgements whats right or wrong, certainly not base their actions on the thinking of Sajid fucking Javid.

This is inexcusable from government really:
“Whilst the prime minister and his colleagues say there will be no restrictions on society at that point, we have been unable to get any confirmation of what the plan is,” the organisers said in a statement. “Nor is there any clarity on how what is being learned from the events research programme might affect the guidance for festivals and how they are required to operate.”

And this must sting:" Latitude and Tramlines festivals – which fall on the same weekend as Womad – were admitted into the government’s (test) programme"
I didn’t see tramlines was as well. Wonder who paid them off for that?

E2a: aah, it’s now owned by Providence Equity Partners L.L.C, that explains it

It was pretty obvious the test events were being picked politically but I thought the events themselves would provide some useful data that would help everyone.
I guess they need some way of actively getting people to submit their before/after tests. Before should be easy - no submission, no entry. After will be much harder to do.
Nothing you can do about the prevalance of covid-19 at the time of the events other than to take that into account when considering the results. Continued test events as cases rise should help this, but not if they aren't getting people's test results.

What's political about Tramlines being chosen? Complete silence from the organisers - if it is a test event and everyone will need tests etc, they should be informing us of that.

Tramlines is definitely on, confirmed. Either need a negative lateral flow test or 14 days post 2nd jab. I will only be 9 days post so another test. Once inside, no social distancing or masks. Not sure how I feel about that. I'll take a mask anyway I think as not quite sure what my volunteering involves.

Tramlines is definitely on, confirmed. Either need a negative lateral flow test or 14 days post 2nd jab. I will only be 9 days post so another test. Once inside, no social distancing or masks. Not sure how I feel about that. I'll take a mask anyway I think as not quite sure what my volunteering involves.

I've got tickets to Beautiful days in August. Like you I'm not really sure how I feel about it now. When I brought them I kinda assumed it would be cancelled or the general situation would be a lot better. I hadn't really considered the possibility it might go ahead amid a backdrop of soaring infections and general covid chaos etc.

That’s sort of why I turned down any volunteering at festivals this year. Realised my threshold for not doing any given activity due to the risk level, has been lower than most people’s. So with the possibility that the festival would go ahead in a context I wouldn’t want to go... I got a ticket for a small festival & if I didn’t go to that, I’d lose my ticket money but wouldn’t be letting anyone down.

Back
Top Bottom