Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

Real shame about Kendal. One of the few festivals that welfare had booked for this year too.

I’m wondering whether End Of The Road happen because of all the variant uncertainty and the issue still of insurance.

I really want to go but I’m not massively optimistic so we’re booking an easily cancelled weekend in Brighton in case it doesn’t happen to take advantage of having a dog sitter already booked.

Last edited:
William of Walworth said:
Big Love Festival (Clyro Court/Baskerville Hall, next to Hay-on-Wye, w/e of Saturday 10th July) has now been cancelled
:( :(

I'd been really looking forward to this one! :(

Still, I completely agree with why the organisers have decided to sack the fest until next July -- I had no idea that the restrictions in Wales were being so severely applied ..... :eek:

ddraig said:
Go to Truefest instead, same place
e2a SOLD OUT, forgot

That looked good and interesting, but we're still committed to Beautiful Days the same weekend.

They seem still pretty confident that BD will go ahead .....

</crossed fingers :eek: >

Real shame about Kendal. One of the few festivals that welfare had booked for this year too.

I’m wondering whether End Of The Road happen because of all the variant uncertainty and the issue still of insurance.

I really want to go but I’m not massively optimistic so we’re booking an easily cancelled weekend in Brighton in case it doesn’t happen to take advantage of having a dog sitter already booked.
I've been to End of the Road in the past and I really liked it.

Given how late in date it is, I'd be actively surprised if a late September festival like that gets cancelled!

I hope I'm right so that people like Looby can go and enjoy! :)

Tour Of Cambridgeshire cycling event gone.

Dartmoor Classic happened last weekend. That was a test event.

They'd cut down on the indoor stuff. Race packs were sent by post rather than being collected on the day. And the goody bags at the end were handed out outside.

Previously they had to look you up to see what medal you'd got. The new nifty timing system sent you a text in the two miles between the finish line and the base. Bronze for me, of course.

Babyshambala is happening late August. £40 non refundable cancellation tax included. Tickets on sale now.

Looking at numbers are we now deluding ourselves? Israel is getting infections and starting to wear masks indoors again.

Few of us are going to this, it could well be a £40 donation to the crew of Shambala.

I suppose that's one way of dealing with the insurance problem.

Surprised more didn't do this, most people are happy to take a gamble.

Suggests itll be full steam ahead to me:
I already got my complaint in previously that pilot/tests events held at times of low levels of infection wont offer much in the way of clues about their impact during a time with much more virus around. I note that such factors have not really been hushed up now that some test reports are available.

At the time, virus levels were low and testing before and after events was also low, making conclusions difficult.

And lets remember the last part of the following if the government turn out to be gung-ho about going back to a version of normal that doesnt involve masks etc.

Scientists involved in the research said large indoor events could post "a higher potential risk of transmission" because of people being close to each other and poor ventilation.

But they said "pinch points", where people were crowded together for a time, existed at both indoor and outdoor events.

They added that face coverings, restrictions on food and drink, testing, ventilation and social distancing could all be used to reduce the risk of transmission.

I already got my complaint in previously that pilot/tests events held at times of low levels of infection wont offer much in the way of clues about their impact during a time with much more virus around. I note that such factors have not really been hushed up now that some test reports are available.

And lets remember the last part of the following if the government turn out to be gung-ho about going back to a version of normal that doesnt involve masks etc.
totally - yet i think they (the gov) will plough on regardless of that in the short term

A friend of mine who works crew on all the festivals was having a good old rant about him and how he just happens to be getting all the test events.
Yes theyve clearly got their feet under the table. Its a characteristic of this government as to who gets money, who gets contracts, who gets the nod. It's not all corruption.. Resident Advisors pay out for example... But it is arbitrary and often personalised.

Yes theyve clearly got their feet under the table. Its a characteristic of this government as to who gets money, who gets contacts, who gets the nod. It's not all corruption.. Resident Advisors pay out for example... But it is arbitrary and often personalised.

Absolutely.

The NHS app.
Yep, the NHS app says if you've had both jabs. No need for a separate "vaccine passport", harder to forge than the little bit of cardboard you are given.

60,000 at Wembley for football, with 2,500 "VIPs" from all over the world with exemption from quarantine, was it 15,000 at Royal Ascot, football fans breaking all the rules incentral London last weekend, politicians making and breaking the rules however they like, etc etc.

And the little festie I have lined up for the weekend before the 19 July date, we will all have to sit at tables of six. No dancing, no singalong.

Most of us will be double jabbed (it's that type of gig). I'd be happy to be tested on arrival, and turn around if it was positive if it let the festival go ahead as normal.

It's f'king bollox and I've had enough of it.

(I'll follow the rules as I don't want the organiser or the venue to be crushed by a fine, but it stinks)

Yep, the NHS app says if you've had both jabs. No need for a separate "vaccine passport", harder to forge than the little bit of cardboard you are given.

60,000 at Wembley for football, with 2,500 "VIPs" from all over the world with exemption from quarantine, was it 15,000 at Royal Ascot, football fans breaking all the rules incentral London last weekend, politicians making and breaking the rules however they like, etc etc.

And the little festie I have lined up for the weekend before the 19 July date, we will all have to sit at tables of six. No dancing, no singalong.

Most of us will be double jabbed (it's that type of gig). I'd be happy to be tested on arrival, and turn around if it was positive if it let the festival go ahead as normal.

It's f'king bollox and I've had enough of it.

(I'll follow the rules as I don't want the organiser or the venue to be crushed by a fine, but it stinks)
Where is it on the app? thanks
e2a looks like not on Welsh version

You are asking me to remember my password, and navigate the app from hell, when pissed on a Friday night?

I'll have to find my phone first.

I will see what I can do, but don't expect screen shots!
Hang on, just waiting for the password reset email

Back
Top Bottom