Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

This could also go on the companies to avoid when all this is over thread but bloody Seetickets wankers.

I received my beautiful days tickets on Thursday. All the festival tickets were there but I was missing a car park pass. There is now only one way of contacting seetickets and that is through an online form on their website which they seemingly ignore.

I can see how the pandemic will have devastated their business but this is just another example of companies hiding behind the shield of covid to justify abandoning any level of customer service. Cunts were happy enough to take my money.

I really wish I'd just brought them direct from teh levs now but at the time their website had basically crashed and I didn't want to miss out.

Its not the fucking up of the order, these things happen. Its what's happened afterwards. If you are going to reduce all means of contact down to one way you bloody well better be good at communicating through that one means. I've sent two messages days ago and no response. I've now contacted the festival itself who replied in minutes so hopefully that will get the ball rolling.

I will not be buying from seetickets again.

This could also go on the companies to avoid when all this is over thread but bloody Seetickets wankers.

I received my beautiful days tickets on Thursday. All the festival tickets were there but I was missing a car park pass. There is now only one way of contacting seetickets and that is through an online form on their website which they seemingly ignore.

I can see how the pandemic will have devastated their business but this is just another example of companies hiding behind the shield of covid to justify abandoning any level of customer service. Cunts were happy enough to take my money.

I really wish I'd just brought them direct from teh levs now but at the time their website had basically crashed and I didn't want to miss out.

Its not the fucking up of the order, these things happen. Its what's happened afterwards. If you are going to reduce all means of contact down to one way you bloody well better be good at communicating through that one means. I've sent two messages days ago and no response. I've now contacted the festival itself who replied in minutes so hopefully that will get the ball rolling.

Tweet them! Good luck

I realise you're all likely to be on tenterhooks awaiting the outcome of this.

Well, despite not receiving the courtesy of a reply to the 3 messages I sent the missing pass randomly turned up in the post today. Coincidentally the day after I complained directly to the festival, go figure.

Hearing about lots of positive cases at Boardmasters in Newquay and that was with everyone needing proof of vaccination/lateral flow tests etc.

Probably unrelated, as we're not yet 2 weeks from Boardmasters, but Newquay now has the highest Covid rates in England. :(

Hearing about lots of positive cases at Boardmasters in Newquay and that was with everyone needing proof of vaccination/lateral flow tests etc.

Probably unrelated, as we're not yet 2 weeks from Boardmasters, but Newquay now has the highest Covid rates in England. :(
Shit. :(
I saw on Facebook that one of the crew I know is positive. Not sure if she got it there or was already positive.
I’m still feeling ok about EOTR because I can be really careful but so glad I haven’t worked any festivals.

I'm currently working at a smallish to mid-size festival, and can already see how my idea of hanging back and not getting too close to people is probably not really going to pan out as well as I hoped. Hope I haven't made a regrettable decision! It's so good to be back in a field though.

LFTs are all very well, but they really don't guarantee much, and rely on people's honesty when they declare a negative one. Or doing the right thing if pinged. Tbh, everyone I know who's been to a festival either has tales of cases or has been pinged. One friend actually got it after a festival.

I should just go home now! Not going to though :p

There's a hell of a lot of cognitive dissonance around this whole thing. I've shifted from thinking I wouldn't go to any events, to deciding to work one, in a very short space of time. It all feels so weird and non-adding-up really.

There's a hell of a lot of cognitive dissonance around this whole thing. I've shifted from thinking I wouldn't go to any events, to deciding to work one, in a very short space of time. It all feels so weird and non-adding-up really.
I've flipflopped between both points of view too. I was all for going to see The Specials right up to last week.

Just seeing the Newquay rates has changed my mind now though. We've got the worst rates in England just because people want a holiday? It's really not right. I hope the rates in Newquay in a couple of weeks aren't as bad as I expect once the Boardmasters effect kicks in.

I was exhibiting at uk games expo a few weeks ago at the NEC.

Indoor and playing board games so lots of handling of game pieces passing between players.

They required a LFTs or double vax proof, masks (bar exemptions and this was well observed with almost everyone masked) and has hand sanitizer everywhere (as did exhibitors).

I'm not aware of any transmissions, no-one i know who went got pinged let alone had a positive test.

Perhaps we just got lucky and slipped in before the new variant got large but I don't feel like there's a big risk to events if there's a decent level of caution applied.

We're masked up for a public facing role. Lots of sanitiser, and all outdoors. But distancing is not going to happen as much as I'd like.

My friends put on a mini festival/rave/party last week and there has been some positive tests since. They did the whole LFT/vaxxed thing beforehand so everyone * should * have been as fine as it is possible to be.

There seems to be an acknowledgement that they knew it was a risk but it was worth it. I hope it was. I didn't go as I can't risk it.

It's the alcohol/drugs factor though with festivals I think.
Yeah and age. I think older people are more likely to be cautious re distancing.
Big groups of teens, in tight crowds, sharing drinks and bodily fluids then all crashing back to one tent. 😄

Just been messaging my friend about her 18 year old going to Reading. It seems everyone she knows that went to Boardmasters has come back positive.
I don’t know how many that is.

I’m really starting to question going to EOTR. 😞

My friends put on a mini festival/rave/party last week and there has been some positive tests since. They did the whole LFT/vaxxed thing beforehand so everyone * should * have been as fine as it is possible to be.

There seems to be an acknowledgement that they knew it was a risk but it was worth it. I hope it was. I didn't go as I can't risk it.

tbf if all those people had not gone to the party some of them could have still tested positive.

Just been messaging my friend about her 18 year old going to Reading.
Case rates in Reading are already above the national average so having 80,000 (possibly) unvaccinated kids running around town is going to be a disaster. And then they all go back to school a week later. I can't even avoid them either as it happens almost literally on my doorstep. I'm going to have to go to the shit pub up the road instead of my favourite in Caversham :(

Just been messaging my friend about her 18 year old going to Reading. It seems everyone she knows that went to Boardmasters has come back positive.
I don’t know how many that is.

I’m really starting to question going to EOTR. 😞
It's all anecdotal at the moment but Cornwall Live have been mopping up social media posts about Boardmasters. I wouldn't want to draw any conclusions from people's posts on Twitter tbf but it does sound like even being outdoors right next to a cliff didn't stop the spread!

Back
Top Bottom