Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus: music festivals, big gigs, sports events and big gatherings - going ahead and cancelled

It's all anecdotal at the moment but Cornwall Live have been mopping up social media posts about Boardmasters. I wouldn't want to draw any conclusions from people's posts on Twitter tbf but it does sound like even being outdoors right next to a cliff didn't stop the spread!

"the honesty of some revellers" possibly has something to do with it; there were some anecdotal reports of people going to the footie final despite having positive tests
the unreliability of LFTs is a given.

"the honesty of some revellers" possibly has something to do with it; there were some anecdotal reports of people going to the footie final despite having positive tests
the unreliability of LFTs is a given.
You don't actually need to do a test to get the message from the NHS, either, do you? Just order the lateral flow, report it as negative and you get a text from the NHS saying it's all good.

Also seen some internet chatter saying they went to Boardmasters and weren't asked to show proof, despite having done the test.

You don't actually need to do a test to get the message from the NHS, either, do you? Just order the lateral flow, report it as negative and you get a text from the NHS saying it's all good.

Also seen some internet chatter saying they went to Boardmasters and weren't asked to show proof, despite having done the test.
Yep, it's entirely self reported.
PCR tests are not, they go to get tested.

but you could still fake a pcr sent to you that you need to post back though.
You'd need to know someone else was negative and have them do the test for you wouldn't you?

If you sent back a swab without a sample, the test will be invalid.

It's there a known way to produce a negative pcr test?

It's all anecdotal at the moment but Cornwall Live have been mopping up social media posts about Boardmasters. I wouldn't want to draw any conclusions from people's posts on Twitter tbf but it does sound like even being outdoors right next to a cliff didn't stop the spread!

Boardmasters being a teenage snogathon could well be a factor.

Hearing about lots of positive cases at Boardmasters in Newquay and that was with everyone needing proof of vaccination/lateral flow tests etc.

Probably unrelated, as we're not yet 2 weeks from Boardmasters, but Newquay now has the highest Covid rates in England. :(
Some friends got free tickets to Boardmasters. Ones all fucked up with covid right now and a second is getting a PCR in the morning as she's got some mild symptoms.

It doesn't bode well for the near future of events

Some friends got free tickets to Boardmasters. Ones all fucked up with covid right now and a second is getting a PCR in the morning as she's got some mild symptoms.

It doesn't bode well for the near future of events
Sorry to hear that.

50+ cases in Swansea linked to Boardmasters now.

If you sent back a swab without a sample, the test will be invalid.

No it wouldn’t as I have done just that, licked it and posted it and got a negative certificate back. That was following on from getting my sister to rub a lateral flow test behind her ear and that came up as negative too, rather than inconclusive. The whole thing’s a joke.

I’m at a festival at the moment. No social distancing required. No masks. No queues apart from for coffee. It’s normal here. It’s ducking brilliant :)

Pretty much my experience of the same event Supine
IMG_20210821_020208.jpg

Like this^^^

Predictably my social distancing intentions have not stayed the course. Maybe I should have had a harder think about attending, but... beesonthewhatnow, but I've done it now...

Noooooo!

Am gutted.

By email:

Heritage Live - David Rodigan & The Outlook Orchestra - Kenwood House​

Hi there,

This event has been rescheduled...

The organisers have been in touch to let us know that the event on 22 August 2021 has been rescheduled and will no longer be taking place on this date.

The following statement has been issued:
"We’re devastated to announce that we have to postpone our two sold out concerts at Kenwood House this weekend. We’re so sorry to all those who wanted to come and enjoy live music, but we will be rescheduling these shows so please hold on to your tickets.

The inclement weather over the past weeks has caused significant issues which our Health and Safety Advisors have deemed unsafe for the artists, crew and audience. Our team has been working tirelessly to find a solution but due to significant ground movement overnight, the structural engineers have advised that the staging is unsafe, meaning our two sold-out shows this weekend must be postponed and rescheduled.

We are heartbroken about this and we know that this is going to upset so many of you who have travelled from all over. We are devastated too.

Further information about the concerts will be relayed in due course so please keep hold of your tickets. Heritage Live."

The event organisers are working hard to arrange a new date and as soon as we get any update on this, we'll be in touch to let you know. Your tickets will be valid for this new date.

not to piss on anyones chips , but worth being aware, Kenwood is surrounded by multimillionaire mansions and some arsehole complained about the noise from outdoor gigs and Kenwood now has one of the harshest noise limits, strictly imposed by the council. New speaker technology is better at stopping sound leak but a friend i know who has worked a lot of gigs at Kenwood says a lot of people complain about how quiet things are there

Back
Top Bottom