Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Coronavirus meme/panic/fear mongering general thread

I am absolutely 100% pro vaccination and always have been - for everything from Smallpox to BCG to MMR to my god they have an HPV vaccine now, isn't that wonderful?!

But not everyone can have a vaccine. - due to health issues such as severe allergies and other auto-immune conditions. It is on the people who CAN have it to get vaccinated to help provide some protection for those who can't. Not to shame those who really can't for health reasons get a vaccination.
Of course but I doubt that’s the angle of the person posting that which we are commenting on.

Of course but I doubt that’s the angle of the person posting that which we are commenting on.

Oh absolutely, I know you weren't saying that at all - sorry if it came across that I was criticising yout!! It was a comment based on the wider context.

OR more people are getting vaccinated causing an increase in vaccine shedding which is INFECTIOUS. :mad:
Sorry I didnt intend to make a comment on the overall motive of the piece, just a likely guess at the intended meaning of that sentence which seems completely nonsensical if read literally.
Kabbes' explanation of the overall meaning seems likely to me.

I am absolutely 100% pro vaccination and always have been - for everything from Smallpox to BCG to MMR to my god they have an HPV vaccine now, isn't that wonderful?!

But not everyone can have a vaccine. - due to health issues such as severe allergies and other auto-immune conditions. It is on the people who CAN have it to get vaccinated to help provide some protection for those who can't. Not to shame those who really can't get a vaccination for health reasons.

Hopes of what can be achieved on that front are diminished these days. Because Delta spreads between vaccinated people, so the ultimate herd immunity scenario where a threshold is crossed that stops large community outbreaks is looking implausible to some experts. ie its not going to be like the sort of population immunity we can get against measles via mass vaccination.

But even if that picture holds true, there are a few things that can still be salvaged on that front.

For example huge numbers of vaccinated people may still be able to slow the spread somewhat compared to what it would have been like without vaccines. This can happen even when vaccinated people can still catch and spread it, because less of them get infected, or if they are capable of transmission for a slightly shorter period of time compared to unvaccinated people.

The other thing that can still be achieved is that overall hospital numbers are kept lower, enabling there to still be enough capacity to treat those who get really sick.

On the downside, the vaccine era gives authorities reasons to remove restrictions, leaving people more exposed, with the unvaccianted left more vulnerable than they were in the past.

Indeed. This virus presents a horrific scenario for the immune compromised, in which the world may well return to a normality that involves no infection control, with this virus being allowed to circulate freely because it presents little to no risk to 99.5% of those who get it. I don’t really know what to say about that, except “fuck”.

228613912_1683003748557347_7425180376693364978_n.jpg

Why wouldn't you have the guts to post a cartoon on FB? :confused:

Son-in-law and my daughter do not believe in this shot - I worry about my granddaughter. They are using the "I'm not against vaccines, just this one" and "we do not want to be part of human experiment" nonsense.

Two days ago, I made nasty (U75) type comment based on one of his posts.

Turns out he is a total snowflake and kept coming back with "and another thing".

I really don't want to alienate him coz I look after the babe while they work.

However, I did post it....and the likes and loves are rushing in!!!

Maybe, most of my fb friends agree with me.

Thanks to @Yossarian for the image!!!!

Son-in-law and my daughter do not believe in this shot - I worry about my granddaughter. They are using the "I'm not against vaccines, just this one" and "we do not want to be part of human experiment" nonsense.

Two days ago, I made nasty (U75) type comment based on one of his posts.

Turns out he is a total snowflake and kept coming back with "and another thing".

I really don't want to alienate him coz I look after the babe while they work.

However, I did post it....and the likes and loves are rushing in!!!

Maybe, most of my fb friends agree with me.

Thanks to @Yossarian for the image!!!!

It's a pretty good pic. It's not entirely original, but it's angry and the artwork is slightly reminiscent of Mad Magazine.

As for some membrs of your family not liking it and arguing , they might be the ones doing the alienating, not you.

Back
Top Bottom