Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Corbyn & Cabinet in the Media

It wouldn't necessarily trigger a by-election. I don't know whether the Recall Act allows for MPs to be recalled for switching party.
whats his name. Carswell went for the by when switching to the kippers, good move, made his defection electorally condoned likes

I've got beyond the point of being irritated by the Torygraph's coverage of Corbyn and just started finding it funny. I didn't realise that a moderately leftish Labour politician with a beard and a penchant for wearing sandals was actually the worst human being in the history of all mankind!

I've got beyond the point of being irritated by the Torygraph's coverage of Corbyn and just started finding it funny. I didn't realise that a moderately leftish Labour politician with a beard and a penchant for wearing sandals was actually the worst human being in the history of all mankind!

Up there with Jimmy Carter :(

He won't shut up about this on his twitter. I can see a number of reasons why its a legit story that deserves such attention, but if it was a government driver, rather than a Corbyn 'aide' then Cricks initial angle on the story is well shit.

He won't shut up about this on his twitter. I can see a number of reasons why its a legit story that deserves such attention, but if it was a government driver, rather than a Corbyn 'aide' then Cricks initial angle on the story is well shit.

Like any bully, these journos are desperate to portray themselves as victims even when they manifestly aren't in order to justify their disgusting conduct.

Am I the only one who feels strangely protective of Corbyn? I want to go to the New $tatesman and Graunid offices and crack some skulls to make them stop being the posho liberal twats that they always are and lay off Corbyn.
Get in there. Make sure you big up your oxbridge scab credentials.

Get in there. Make sure you big up your oxbridge scab credentials.

I'll practise elongating my vowels and try to cover up my past as a union member. Sadly I didn't go to Oxbridge or a private school though so I think I'm out of the running either way

Am I the only one who feels strangely protective of Corbyn? I want to go to the New $tatesman and Graunid offices and crack some skulls to make them stop being the posho liberal twats that they always are and lay off Corbyn.

He doesn't ever seem bothered by any of it though, beyond an occasional mild exasperation at being forced to respond to the babbling of cretins.

Was the cameraman a former italian footballer?

He doesn't ever seem bothered by any of it though, beyond an occasional mild exasperation at being forced to respond to the babbling of cretins.

I wouldn't be too bothered either - journalists and politicians tend to do battle for 'least trusted' in Ipsos MORI polls:

Veracitytrendimage2.PNG

Ipsos MORI | Poll | Politicians trusted less than estate agents, bankers and journalists

Articles in the Guardian today which might (?) be worth reading, suggesting some options for Jeremy Corbyn to reduce or weaken hostile-media.

I'm highly sceptical myself ... most mainstream media are out to get him whatever he does.

Also, the word 'spin-doctor' raises my hackles massively, but Tom Clark thinks if he doesn't appoint one JC is doomed!
Not sure whether the examples he selects are completely shit there. But Clark is probably applying for a job :p

Owen Jones on (mostly) social media and JC : If Jeremy Corbyn's Labour is going to work, it needs to communicate

And some stuff from Roy Greenslade that apperared in Monday's Media Guardian

Its all very cynical stuff, the above, but can JC afford to ignore, or simply try to bypass, the (mainstream) media altogether?

I only ask .... as teachers say, 'Discuss!'

The Tom Clark one was yesterday and has already been mentioned here.

Even if he needs to play a media game there is no reason why it has to be the tired old one these wankers are calling for.

After receiving some criticism on twitter, Crick might be belatedly trying to add some balance to his feed by retweeting this:

The Tom Clark one was yesterday and has already been mentioned here.

Didn't see that -- was it on this thread? Apologies anyway. Some of us old-media types first see these articles later, in printed form :oops:

Even if he needs to play a media game there is no reason why it has to be the tired old one these wankers are calling for.

I happen to agree with you completely elbows , but just because the three of them are wankers doesn't mean all of their actual points shouldn't be discussed (or attacked!) in some way.

Hence that question I asked above.

Last edited:
I'll get into it more once a bit more time has passed - looks like he's given a bunch of tv interviews today which I am presently mentioning in the labour leadership thread.

Actually I suppose I can say something about it before waiting for him to settle into the role.

I don't buy Tom Clarks examples because no amount of spin or slick media operations were going to put a firm lid on the absolute frenzy of petty, immature bullshit that the media have been coming out with at this stage. They aren't exposing him, they are exposing themselves, and he shouldn't give up an inch of authenticity in order to play their game using spin and off-the-record briefings.

In any case since the Labour party machine still exists, I don't expect to see an end to party spin. But every leadership has a style and on that front he should ignore Tom Clarks advice.

Back
Top Bottom