Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Corbyn & Cabinet in the Media

TeleSurTV said:
http://www.telesurtv.net/english/op...out-Battling-Hostile-Media-20151011-0009.html
Why not produce an online show similar to Russell Brand’s TREWS, but in Corbyn’s own style?

old-man-steptoe.jpg

He'd be ridiculed for it, and he's probably not charismatic enough to pull it off anyway.

BBC bias - setting acceptable discourse between Tory and New Labour - is going to take time to change. It's already changing, though, with the makeup of Question Time for instance.

Corbyn won the Labour leadership on the back of a social media campaign. He completely trounced the opposition, despite the entire party & established media lining up against him.

While it remains to be seen how effectively that can be applied to the wider electorate, what did become clear throughout the leadership campaign was that Corbyn is a very effective communicator when he's able to get heard. He isn't going to get a fair hearing from the establishment media, so he needs to find ways of bypassing it.

I don't like the idea of fireside chats or some trews type show, but some way of speaking directly to the electorate is necessary rather than desirable, if he wants to get anywhere. Comparing something that doesn't exist yet to hamfisted previous attempts at it seems a bit premature.

Incidentally, it'd be useful if someone could come up with a way of referring to the establishment media that doesn't make you sound like a swivel-eyed conspiracy nut. MSM/mainstream media is an immediate red flag for jew hating, and everything else I've come across thus far has a similar ring to it...

Incidentally, it'd be useful if someone could come up with a way of referring to the establishment media that doesn't make you sound like a swivel-eyed conspiracy nut. MSM/mainstream media is an immediate red flag for jew hating, and everything else I've come across thus far has a similar ring to it...
I just go with 'the right wing press'

cos thats more or less all of em

Capitalist media?

A friend was involved in a court case many moons ago, and was asked by the judge if he'd seen the press coverage of the relevant event. "I don't read the capitalist press" friend replied. "What about the television?" asked the judge. "The same, but more so" replied friend. He also had a broken TV in his flat with 'LIES LIES LIES' written all over the screen.

What's the current ETA for someone suggesting Chunky Mark as the new Number 10 Communications Director?

Back
Top Bottom