Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Commission on Race & Ethnic disparities (Sewell) report

MrSki

Who am I to say you're wrong
Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I can not believe what I am hearing in the media.
Institutional racism does not exist! Having a fucking laugh.
Same day as kids at the Pimlico Academy refuse to attend lessons because of a new dress code that bans afros.

Not read the full report but is available here

The bit on slavery is jaw dropping. Read the last sentence. :eek: :mad:
ExzcwF2WUAAuq26

Last edited:
Thanks. I knew there must be comment somewhere. Too big a story to get missed but was not sure where it was being discussed.
Still it has its own thread now which is good because I can't see it being a one day wonder.

They should have published it tomorrow so that everyone would think it was an April fool.

Yeah was surprised it didn't get mentioned early on in the day.

Its a biggie.

Sorry if there is already a thread about this but I can not believe what I am hearing in the media.
Same day as kids at the Pimlico Academy refuse to attend lessons because of a new dress code that bans afros.

ExzcwF2WUAAuq26
ExzcwF2WUAAuq26

[/QUOTE]
The Commonwealth" is a diversion.

Whilst I'm tempted to dismiss the report out of hand because I am aware of the background of some of the contributors, I'm going to read it first. However, if the conclusion is that
"disparities are more about class than about race" then I'm not too hopeful about the Tories tackling the issue of class disparity.

ExzcwF2WUAAuq26
Has it even been subbed? I mean, it's clearly not been through the batshit scrubbers, but shouldn't it be “re-modelled African/Briton” to be even halfway towards making sense? :confused:

Meanwhile journalists are not impressed with the way the government was hyping the report

Whilst I'm tempted to dismiss the report out of hand because I am aware of the background of some of the contributors, I'm going to read it first. However, if the conclusion is that
"disparities are more about class than about race" then I'm not too hopeful about the Tories tackling the issue of class disparity.

The sort of pricks who wrote this report don’t care about class injustice, they literally only ever bring it up to deny racism. When it comes to addressing the inequities of class power they switch to the ‘pull yourself Up by your bootstraps’ line or, at best, promote limited ‘mobility’ ideas like scholarships, subsidised apprenticeships etc

The sort of pricks who wrote this report don’t care about class injustice, they literally only ever bring it up to deny racism. When it comes to addressing the inequities of class power they switch to the ‘pull yourself Up by your bootstraps’ line or, at best, promote limited ‘mobility’ ideas like scholarships, subsidised apprenticeships etc
Thanks Jeff

Back
Top Bottom