Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Labour Anti-Semitism (and general failings) Report

For any Unison members out there, an open letter which you are invited to sign to Dave Prentis expressing concerns surrounding the revelations in the report and asking that action be taken against individuals responsible (without naming names):

Gramsci said:

Is the ‘full’ version you shared here the unredacted one Gramsci - complainants names and all?

Yes, there were lots of names in that version -- the one I read.
The report's insanely long -- over 800 pages.
I was just able to read the -- longish -- summaries to each section, and several other bits, but I agree with oryx -- the whole thing's beyond disgusting :mad:
The named people should be expelled from the party. And if Starmer wants a new Gen Sec that had better not be Emilie Oldknow!! :hmm:
(Not sure where the rumour came from that Oldknow was Starmer's preferred name anyway, but on the grounds of pure pragmatism, which Starmer's supposed to be good at, he'd be best off not touching her name for Gen Sec with a bargepole :rolleyes: ).

Last edited:
Yes, there were lots of names in that version -- the one I read.
The report's insanely long -- over 800 pages.
I was just able to read the -- longish -- summaries to each section, and several other bits, but I agree with oryx -- the whole thing's beyond disgusting :mad:
The named people should be expelled from the party. And if Starmer wants a new Gen Sec that had better not be Emilie Oldknow!! :hmm:
(Not sure where the rumour came from that Oldknow was Starmer's preferred name anyway, but on the grounds of pure pragmatism, which Starmer's supposed to be good at, he'd be best off not touching her name for Gen Sec with a bargepole :rolleyes: ).

the ‘named people’ such as the teenage complainants should be expelled?

It's already widely available, it would be merely symbolic to try and switch linking to the redacted one.
is there a redacted one?

So far (I've only read the first third or so and a couple of other titbits) the only complainant named is Euan Phillips for Labour Against Anti-Semitism. He should really have had his name redacted, but he was also so closely linked with LAAS it would be immediately obvious it was him anyway.

It’s not Phillips im concerned for, it’s the young complainants (at least one was a teenager when they made their complaint), who’s names (and references to them being Jewish) are now being discussed on neo-nazi sites
Yes - I'm merely saying that Urban isn't really a factor in that. It might be good practice to share a redacted one (no I don't have a link) in future.

Yes of course complainants names should have been removed.

Tho that doesn't change the fact that this report shows it was the Labour right who refused to properly investigate reports of anti-semitism, that evidence of anti-semitism amongst members is no higher than other unacceptable prejudices, and that certain people were useful fools for the right in the party by pretending blaming Corybn (and co) were actually the ones to blame.

the balls in Starmers + Co's court now - eg : if they even toy with the idea of this poisonous bully Oldknow becoming Chair, it will be eternal civil war ( going to be hard enough dealing with her oily careerist no mark husband Ashworth in Shad Cabinet going fwd )

Unison should kick her arse out as well.

On the upside, Euan Phillips exposed as the utter clown we know him to be , and ' ooh , doesn't he play some nice leftfield balearica at Lowlife ' JOLYON ( not Jo ) Green exposed as the duplicitous, vicious little, left hating w*nker he so clearly is ( and I bet he's not enjoying this all rearing up again, sat in his cosy little gig at the Childrens Commissioner - probably had dreams of re entering the fold at some point - no chance now )

Last edited:
the balls in Starmers + Co's court now - eg : if they even toy with the idea of this poisonous bully Oldknow becoming Chair, it will be eternal civil war ( going to be hard enough dealing with her oily careerist no mark husband Ashworth in Shad Cabinet going fwd )

Unison should kick her arse out as well.

On the upside, Euan Phillips exposed as the utter clown we know him to be , and ' ooh , doesn't he play some nice leftfield balearica at Lowlife ' JOLYON ( not Jo ) Green exposed as the duplicitous, vicious little, left hating w*nker he so clearly is ( and I bet he's not enjoying this all rearing up again, sat in his cosy little gig at the Childrens Commissioner - probably had dreams of re entering the fold at some point - no chance now )
any details on the jolyon stuff without me having to wade? i hate that cunt.

It’s not Phillips im concerned for, it’s the young complainants (at least one was a teenager when they made their complaint), who’s names (and references to them being Jewish) are now being discussed on neo-nazi sites

grim, i have been exposed like that, certain now deceased urbanite put my details on an open site, visits came soon after.

any details on the jolyon stuff without me having to wade? i hate that cunt.

the grabs came down unfort ( due to Lewis etc on rampage ) , but ' Anyone who nominates Corbyn to widen the debate should be taken out and Shot". , " that fucking Trot " re; JC, and at one point suggesting they try to delay the 2015 leadership election to the point of getting it postponed ( once they'd accepted what was happening )

Jonathon Ashworth media friends are pushing the reputation laundering boat right out for him.
Payoff for all his insider briefings

Mark Lewis is pretty unhinged and has form for throwing round this kind of threat. I dunno how many people he's angrily quote tweeted at in the last few years have actually ended up in court though - I'd guess not very many.

this is getting the “I’m Spartacus” treatment on twitter:D

Yes of course complainants names should have been removed.

Tho that doesn't change the fact that this report shows it was the Labour right who refused to properly investigate reports of anti-semitism, that evidence of anti-semitism amongst members is no higher than other unacceptable prejudices, and that certain people were useful fools for the right in the party by pretending blaming Corybn (and co) were actually the ones to blame.

I mean your first point is right but honestly your other points are shite. Dunno why it has to be this feast or famine black or white stuff, I do think you are better than this really. Nobody but corbyn was to blame for the mural for example and that is a fucking problem.

I mean your first point is right but honestly your other points are shite. Dunno why it has to be this feast or famine black or white stuff, I do think you are better than this really. Nobody but corbyn was to blame for the mural for example and that is a fucking problem.
you have a mindbogglingly short memory. Labour was, supposedly, ignoring AS cases because of interference from the leadership and because Corbyn was a raging anti-semite himself. The report shows LOTO being rather more interested in resolving those cases than the department supposedly charged with doing so. The claim (as repeated by some on here) was that Labour had a 'massive' AS problem completely out of proportion to other bigotries. These claims have been ashen to be palpably false. I've never denied JC was quite wrong about that mural or about the existence of relatively few anti-semites. But this report shows the 'narrative' of Labours anti-semitism is a fiction created for factional reasons.

Even the BBC can see that, but you cant?

you have a mindbogglingly short memory. Labour was, supposedly, ignoring AS cases because of interference from the leadership and because Corbyn was a raging anti-semite himself. The report shows LOTO being rather more interested in resolving those cases than the department supposedly charged with doing so. The claim (as repeated by some on here) was that Labour had a 'massive' AS problem completely out of proportion to other bigotries. These claims have been ashen to be palpably false. I've never denied JC was quite wrong about that mural or about the existence of relatively few anti-semites. But this report shows the 'narrative' of Labours anti-semitism is a fiction created for factional reasons.

Even the BBC can see that, but you cant?

See you are conflating lots of different things to arrive at a convenient conclusion. No idea how you get from labour failed to effectively deal with antisemitism reports under the old regime (labour right/soft left) but took a more robust approach once left more embedded in the bureaucracy under formby (which isn't new info btw, all this report does is shine a light on the specifics) to 'this proves there is no issue with antisemitism on the labour left'. There clearly fucking is. That's why the right exploited it you tit.

I have seen examples of defending A/S, on palestine demo's etc, by the SWP, 'we are all Hamas', was also not helpful, etc, but not labour(though the examples were years ago, some may have moved to LP) I do feel i was caught up in the maelstrom, seeing more than was there, but its clear there were definite cases of A/S and Corbyn was negligent in a number of cases.

See you are conflating lots of different things to arrive at a convenient conclusion. No idea how you get from labour failed to effectively deal with antisemitism reports under the old regime (labour right/soft left) but took a more robust approach once left more embedded in the bureaucracy under formby (which isn't new info btw, all this report does is shine a light on the specifics) to 'this proves there is no issue with antisemitism on the labour left'. There clearly fucking is. That's why the right exploited it you tit.
I’ve always known you were incredibly lazy but I didn’t think you just made shit up. Thank you for correcting me.

I have never believed or said that “there is no issue with antisemitism on the labour left” you just made that up. It seems even fifty odd words is too much for you to read/comprehend.

try looking up what the words ‘exaggerated’ and ‘exploited’ mean.

I’ve always known you were incredibly lazy but I didn’t think you just made shit up. Thank you for correcting me.

I have never believed or said that “there is no issue with antisemitism on the labour left” you just made that up. It seems even fifty odd words is too much for you to read/comprehend.

try looking up what the words ‘exaggerated’ and ‘exploited’ mean.

Alright so what are you saying exactly. Not waffle, just straight out with it.

i already have. Not my problem if you’re too lazy to read it properly.

What you've said, twice, is that antisemitism is no worse of a problem in the labour left than any other form of bigotry or chauvinism. I paraphrased that as you saying there is no issue with antisemitism in the labour left, which seems an accurate summary of your stance to me, although it's resulted in you having a paddy going on about me being lazy and 'even the BBC can see it' or something so say what the fuck you mean instead of this weak non-answer shit

Read the editor of Labour List Sienna Rodgers take on the leaked report.

Labour's leaked report is a major blow for 'party unity' – Keir Starmer has his work cut out | Sienna Rodgers

On the Trot hunt. This isn't just about a few staffers in Labour party undermiining the leadership. Getting rid of them or disciplining them is not the issue.

The local Lambeth Labour party run by New Labour did this. Jason who used to write for Brixton Buzz was refused membership. Kate Hoey MP supported him. It was New Labour in Lambeth who made sure he was rejected. Spite due to some of his more critical articles about the one party state run by New Labour.

I really hope Starmer looks at how the right in the party operate. These high up staffers are part of a culture of nastiness in the party directed at anyone who is on the left or perceived to be on the left. In Lambeth supporting Council housing and Libraries= Trot.

Looking at my local twitter/FB and local members are very angry.. Silence from the leading lghts on the Council.

Back
Top Bottom