Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

There's 1500 reporters there.

:eek:

Hope they don't all start jumping for joy and cause another collapse :hmm:

After two months underground away from their families and loved ones, that's probably the least of their concerns.

The last thing I'd want after all that time away is a camera and microphone shoved in my face. :(

Have read that the door to the capsule got damaged on the way down

He's a brave man the medic who is on his way down.Hopefully when thw capsule comes up again it will be with one of the miners

He's a brave man the medic who is on his way down.Hopefully when thw capsule comes up again it will be with one of the miners

A medic's not gone down yet. It's a mining expert who's on his way down. I think once he's assessed the situation, then a medic goes down. So it doesn't look like one of the miners will be raised for at least another hour.

i just wanted to give props to them (staying true to the underground and all that ;) ).
Well, I lolled.

I hope the directors of the mining company get a share of any royalties, and so forth, as without them such lucrative opportunities would not have come to exist in the first place, and this needs to be recognised.

Shockingly, none of the mining company's C-suite have yet been recognised for their role in providing the Chilean heroes with the opportunity to shine.

I may have to kill Johnny

Two words: ignore list!

Some of the family members look like they've picked up a few Glastonbury hats for the occasion.

I preferred miners' rescues before they went mainstream and the BBC started televising everything. I heard that real rescue watchers are going to Peru next year, there's a really grassroots rescue that's going to happen - a goat's gonna get dug out from a well.

The second miner just came up. This is beautiful stuff. He brought up chunks of granite as gifts. Fucking brilliant.

:):):)

After two months underground away from their families and loved ones, that's probably the least of their concerns.
What the fuck has that got to do with my post? It's not about what happens in the next couple of days - they will all go through much the same ordeal in the short-term. It's about who is blighted by fame in the long-term. I hope they have chosen the people who will become the best known wisely.

BBC: "Here's the scene in the mine...something blocking the view...I think it's a miner...yes, it's a miner with nothing on".

This is amazing, life-affirming stuff. Some tears have been shed.

What the fuck has that got to do with my post? It's not about what happens in the next couple of days - they will all go through much the same ordeal in the short-term. It's about who is blighted by fame in the long-term. I hope they have chosen the people who will become the best known wisely.

What it has to do with your post is, I seriously doubt that the survivor retrieval order will be determined by who will best handle the limelight. These people are just getting their lives back; these other trvialities are exactly that.

What it has to do with your post is, I seriously doubt that the survivor retrieval order will be determined by who will best handle the limelight. These people are just getting their lives back; these other trvialities are exactly that.

I think you're very wrong about that. They've had a small army of psychologists working on this for weeks. If you think they haven't thought beyond getting them out, you're dumber than a dumb thing.

It has been reported that they were being divided into three groups, the fairly fit, the least fit and the most fit. They're coming out in that order. I'm hoping "fit" means psychologically as well as physically.

The intimate live coverage is a bit surreal. 'And the 21st miner, Manuel Olazabal Jimenez, is carried into the hospital by stretcher and taken to the rest room to meet up again with his emotional wife Esperanza where they kiss and cry and after 69 days apart Manuel removes his trousers and prepares to enter the shaft once again.'

It's amazing. I've got up and they're on the way home. I know it's fashionable to say how shite human beings are, but it's not true all the time.

I hope these 33 milk it for all it's worth.

Mrs. S☼I has been saying it'll be today for ages - the 33 come up on her 33rd birthday. :)

Not only do the miners get to see their families and the sky after 69 days, they also get to travel in a 1950s rocket ship and wear cool sunglasses. Life is sweet.

I think you're very wrong about that. They've had a small army of psychologists working on this for weeks. If you think they haven't thought beyond getting them out, you're dumber than a dumb thing.

It has been reported that they were being divided into three groups, the fairly fit, the least fit and the most fit. They're coming out in that order. I'm hoping "fit" means psychologically as well as physically.

Well really, who cares?

I just watched miner number 5 come up. Jimmy Sanchez. The youngest miner. They talked about all the issues he's had to deal with down there. Sounded like he was pretty emotionally vulnerable. I wonder what conclusions the panel of psychologists came to that determined that the most psychologically vulnerable miner should come to the surface as Number 5?

Anyway, we watched Iron Man 2, then I turned on Larry King to see miner number 5. My wife said that before she started watching Iron Man, they had brought up Miner Number 2. Riveting tv.

That'll probably be the last miner I see come up live. Maybe I'll turn it on again before I go to work in the morning.

You know, this is a heartwarming story, like I said before, but millions of people sitting up to watch a miner come up every hour or so, with a babble of repetitious reportage in between as filler? Have we come to this, that basically, we'll watch anything they tell us to watch?

Finally, after 69 days of continuous coverage, we can move on to another, riveting, human drama story. :)

I think the networks have become geared toward this 24 hr 'disaster coverage' - it got started with CNN and the Gulf War, and it's become more pervasive ever since. The Live Feed. Now, you name it: hurricanes, earthquakes, wars, trapped miners - we get the Live Feed. It must be less work than putting on a real news show.

want to be there with a big banner saying I love you pablo and booing everyone else who comes out

Ironic that it is maggies birthday and the whole world is focused on a mine

Can someone please come along and provide the nutty left-wing angle on this? My urban day isn't complete without it.

jesus this has been toe-curling. i think i now know the words to the chilean national anthem. hilarious moment when they moved the massive chilean flag right in the way of the cameras, almost a riot.

apparently the government has banned all foreign camera crews from within a certain distance of the mine ('because of too many bright lights') and is selling on footage to broadcasters for massive amounts of money.

minister of mining also preparing his presidential bid in the background. yccch. happy for the miners and their families of course but fuck.. they've hammed this up even more than the yanks could.

Back
Top Bottom