Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

chilean miners - big up, nuff respect..

We have since confirmed the winch is in fact orange, and not yellow as previously reported.

I'm glad they can clear up such important pieces of information for us.

Thing is, people will expect them to do lots of talking about their ordeal and stuff and I bet none of them is going to be up for lots of talking for a while and it'll all do their fucking heads in.

I'd just want to be left alone for a bit.

I think the bbc have really dropped the ball on this one. Another 2 hours before the rescue commences and even then it's only gonna be one an hour. I may lose interest and change channel.

The chilean president is going to hug each miner as he emerges. Given that it's supposed to take 33 hours, I hope he brought a trailer to get some rest in between miners.

You just need to find a way to fit in something about cycling and coffee, and you've got your perfect post.
And fudge.

Hope they get the support they need to cope with this, and it doesn't just disappear once the cameras have gone. And if they get paid a penny less than they are entitled to whilst a single one of those mine directors has an asset to his name ... :mad:

Make the fuckers responsible pay for it and maybe this shit wouldn't happen so often.

Because the Chilean government is manipulating this for their own political ends. Rolling news might be wank but you do get the occasional interesting snippet.

I consider the heroes of these stories to be the people who make herculean efforts to rescue the victims.

:D

This is like the ultimate reality show.

The most amazing thing is how the miners survived for 20 days without extra supplies.

That's exactly why they deserve respect. They're professionals, so they knew what they were doing, but few of us would have the skills to cope with such an ordeal. They were well organised long before the first communications were established, and made great use of the materials they had down there already.

That's exactly why they deserve respect. They're professionals, so they knew what they were doing, but few of us would have the skills to cope with such an ordeal. They were well organised long before the first communications were established, and made great use of the materials they had down there already.

Their training had contingencies to deal with the sort of thing that happened. When it did in fact happen, they followed their training, and survived. How does that make them heroes?

Their training had contingencies to deal with the sort of thing that happened. When it did in fact happen, they followed their training, and survived. How does that make them heroes?

I'd say surviving for 17 days on little more than a sip of water and a nibble of food each day, with diminishing hope that they'd ever be found and rescued, that they managed to keep it together over all that time with a slow death looking increasingly likely - that makes them heroes.

I'd say surviving for 17 days on little more than a sip of water and a nibble of food each day, with diminishing hope that they'd ever be found and rescued, that they managed to keep it together over all that time with a slow death looking increasingly likely - that makes them heroes.

Not survivors? Although I think the fact none of them have killed each other is pretty admirable.

That makes them people with a healthy survival instinct. The guys digging the hole to get to them, they're the heroes.

I'm not sure they were heroes either, this is a great news story though, I love the bits that aren't so pc that get a small mention like the girlfriends of married men who have turned up with kids in tow and the fact they quite clearly wanted to get pissed down there while they sat it out. It shows the opposite in fact and shows more humanity than the absurd label of hero simply for trying to extend your life

Why is that? Were you expecting Chilean miners to be a little more likely to revert to savagery and brutality in the face of hardship, than say, Europeans?

Wut? Where the fuck did that come from? Trying waaaay too hard here Johnny.

Why is that? Were you expecting Chilean miners to be a little more likely to revert to savagery and brutality in the face of hardship, than say, Europeans?

Not at all, I'd imagine living in close, uncomfortable quarters for that long would make me want to kill someone. I'm European btw

She said it was admirable that they hadn't killed each other. I was thinking, 'where did that come from?':confused:

Because being stuck in 30 degree heat, 85% humidity with 32 other people, for that long, with no daylight, would be stress enough for anyone.

Just because they're miners and used to dark, humid and confined conditions, doesn't mean that that they're used to being in those conditions for long periods of time.

I bet if it were a load of women who were down there who had the odd barney, you'd be saying "must be their time of the month".

Back
Top Bottom