Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Chancellor Rachel Reeves: Her Time Is Up!

I really hope that the leaks about scrapping the £2 bus fare cap (after the present arrangements expire at the end of December) are inaccurate or expectation management. Such a move would obviously hit the poorest workers/carers by increasing the cost of a greener form of transport for what must be minuscule potential 'savings' to the public purse.

That would clearly be a burden placed on working class people (I know it's just 'working people's now but let's call a spade a spade) but then so is the stealth income tax rise of refusing to remove the personal allowance freeze.

So a care worker and a government minister .. both are working people!

But someone who is self employed or a small business owner might not be working people..

Their clown show over the definition of ‘working people’ is a direct result of the refusal to use the phrase ‘working class’ and the political decision not to manage the state in it’s interests.

Phillipson was dreadful (and yes, she’s weird as fuck) on the question today. I’m also getting increasingly angry at people like her, Starmer and Co using their claimed working class background to justify Reeves hammering the working class proper.

Their clown show over the definition of ‘working people’ is a direct result of the refusal to use the phrase ‘working class’ and the political decision not to manage the state in it’s interests.

Phillipson was dreadful (and yes, she’s weird as fuck) on the question today. I’m also getting increasingly angry at people like her, Starmer and Co using their claimed working class background to justify Reeves hammering the working class proper.

It was a bizarre performance. She was given the role of doing the media rounds this morning. But kept saying 'ask Rachel next week'. She was the government's spokesperson. She should have been briefed on every issue she was going to be asked about. Not just pass the buck.

It was a bizarre performance. She was given the role of doing the media rounds this morning. But kept saying 'ask Rachel next week'. She was the government's spokesperson. She should have been briefed on every issue she was going to be asked about. Not just pass the buck.

If I was the, equally weird, Reeves I’d have seen it as the ultimate hospital pass from Phillipson…. ‘Ask Rachel’ seemed to be the answer to every question.

Agreed. Starmer also demonstrated his detachment from our class with his bollocks the other day about...

He said he thought of a working person as someone who “goes out and earns their living, usually paid in a sort of monthly cheque" and who can't "write a cheque to get out of difficulties".

Anyone with any real connect to working class families/communities will know that amongst many there is such an ingrained, cultural aversion to debt that, however limited, some savings "for a rainy day" is a very working class trait. The arrogance of these fuckers to claim that they're working class is just astounding.

And refusing to acknowledge the working class brings Reeves to the depths of using the same language as Osborne's strivers vrs skivers bigotry...

1730039602234.png

Back
Top Bottom