Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

The reliant Scimitar sports car and Gilbert they had was pretty awful.
On the subject of Scimitars, I did bid on this SE4 last year:

But was thankfully just pipped on it. Don't bid after drinking. :(

Another equally nice one came up for sale a month or so ago and sold instantly.

The sort of quirky British '60s stuff that I like. A Poundland Gordon Keeble. :D

Last edited:
The SE4 has the look and feel of a bargain basement car. Gordon Keeble's had much to like. Sadly none at the great British car journey.

saw one of those recently (different colour)
but this was my mum's (and therefore my) first car:
Peugeot_104_1974.jpg

BMC Mini Convertible
In the early 60’s twenty door-less ‘Beach Cars’ were converted in a variety of forms, mainly for promotion and used by hotels and celebrities. The top one is not, as you'd expect, an Elf or Hornet. It's a Mini with a boot. So more or less the same thing.
1717224058859.jpg1717224043510.jpg

had an aston martin DB5 behind me for a few minutes on the M25 today (in the next exit lane so it wasn't really practical for them to overtake)

not this one, one today was in a sort of sludge brown colour, but same sort of thing.

jpg-medium-db5-0570bf0eb9cf8b697fbc60ff64000f1b3f.jpg

This is one I snapped at Camberley in 2021. The note on the windscreen says the owner spent over £300,000
on a nut and bolt restoration.

1717748749533.png

Such a great looking car but it's been debased by 007 ubiquity.

As you could have had a Ferrari 275GTB for the same money when they were both new, I have no idea how they ever sold any.

This is one you might not be seeing again. It was hit while parked. 5 other cars damaged, the offending vehicle was in a police chase and turned over. The driver did a runner.
IMG_20240611_152147_1.jpg

I think it's a Chrysler/Talbot/Simca Sunbeam

Why they called the model 'Sunbeam' I'll never understand as Sunbeam was one of the component car car companies which became the Routes Group which Chrysler bought before selling it to the PSA group *.

* Now part of Stellantis.

On the subject of Sunbeam, this is going straight into my Lottery win garage:

:cool:
Heavy car- my brother had one and persuaded me to help him bump start it with a tow rope .The towing vehicle, my reliant robin, was never quite the same again and the Sunbeam never did start.I believe it went for scrap🙂

Back
Top Bottom