Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Shh. Keep it on the lowdown or the advertisers notice and shoehorn them into an ad for some crap insurance or lifestyle junk and the cars' values rocket.

If you want a classic green mini, just £26,000, don't let me stop you
Seeing adverts for classic minis always sets me off looking for one.

I had two (one after the other) at the end of 1970s and the start of the 1980s.

It's a waste of time me looking as I have nowhere to keep one.

But I still look. :(

Seeing adverts for classic minis always sets me off looking for one.

I had two (one after the other) at the end of 1970s and the start of the 1980s.

It's a waste of time me looking as I have nowhere to keep one.

But I still look. :(
The only mini I have been in is my daughters BMW :facepalm:

I saw a Volvo 244 at lunchtime. Not only was it a saloon but it was also brown.

Didn't get a photo as I was driving but it was just like this.

I'm contemplating buying an old car to keep as a hobby. I thought maybe a Minor or A30/35. Something to just potter with. If I do it'll be next year probably.

There are some lovely mini,s around for sale dessiato Classic Cars Mini 1275 For Sale | Car and Classic

No. I don't fancy another Mini. I've some in the past, and recently a BMW Cooper S Clubman.

eta I thought I'd read the price right, then I looked again! That's a lot of money!

A couple of BMWs for today. The first was pretty much the Rolls Royce of the local boy racers back in the day - I saw many a lass "picked up" from secondary school/sixth form by a legendary prick in one of these back in the day who'd evidently outgrown his fibreglass-clad Corsa even if he hadn't outgrown schoolgirls. Much like his car, I've no idea if the "M" badge on the back of this is entirely legitimate since it also reads as a 318i whereas I think a legit one would only read M3.
bmw_m3.jpg

Somewhat less triggering of unhappy childhood memories was this rather spiffy looking number of what I think is a BMW 2002 Cabriolet. I was only able to get the one shot of it sadly.
bmw_2002.jpg

Edit: post above reminded me, I got a truly awful shot of what I think may have been one of the last "classic" MkVII Mini's, a ~2000 X-reg. This was taken from the end of a long driveway at about two in the morning lit only by a distant street lamp, hence the image quality is terrible:
midnight_cooper.jpg

Last edited:
A couple of BMWs for today. The first was pretty much the Rolls Royce of the local boy racers back in the day - I saw many a lass "picked up" from secondary school/sixth form by a legendary prick in one of these back in the day who'd evidently outgrown his fibreglass-clad Corsa even if he hadn't outgrown schoolgirls. Much like his car, I've no idea if the "M" badge on the back of this is entirely legitimate since it also reads as a 318i whereas I think a legit one would only read M3.
View attachment 365631

That's an E30 and dates from the gilded age before BMW would put an 'M' on anything. The only E30 M car was the M3 which was a 2 door wide body and was fabulous.

1678078166728.png

I saw a Corniche convertible in the supermarket carpark yesterday (I didn't take photo). What surprised me more than anything was how easily it fitted into the parking space. I've always thought of them as barges but compared to modern SUVs they don't seem that big at all.

1057-0.jpg

View attachment 365631

Somewhat less triggering of unhappy childhood memories was this rather spiffy looking number of what I think is a BMW 2002 Cabriolet. I was only able to get the one shot of it sadly.
View attachment 365632

Edit: post above reminded me, I got a truly awful shot of what I think may have been one of the last "classic" MkVII Mini's, a ~2000 X-reg. This was taken from the end of a long driveway at about two in the morning lit only by a distant street lamp, hence the image quality is terrible:
View attachment 365633
I had an BMW '02 Touring 2000 so I have soft spot for any of the models in the range. I prefer the look of the earlier full convertible to the 'targa-top' but I don't think they ever fitted the 2ltr engine to it.

I saw a Corniche convertible in the supermarket carpark yesterday (I didn't take photo). What surprised me more than anything was how easily it fitted into the parking space. I've always thought of them as barges but compared to modern SUVs they don't seem that big at all.

1057-0.jpg

Love that. Absolute nightmare of an ownership proposition though.

Back
Top Bottom