Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

I saw this Lancia on the road yesterday as I was driving to a client. It was being lodaed from Joe Macari into a car transporter
and no doubt being added to someone's collection. Gorgeous and glorious it looked in the flesh in the sun. It looked so low and wide :)

1667316484102.png

I know this thread is about cars you don't see any more but also there must be old cars that you see far more than you might expect to?

Is it me but there's a lot of early noughties mk1 focus's still knocking around🤔

There were 141,021 sold in 2004, the last full year of sales before the Mk2. It was by far the best-selling car back then, with 40% more units sold than the #2 ranked Corsa.

I know this thread is about cars you don't see any more but also there must be old cars that you see far more than you might expect to?

Is it me but there's a lot of early noughties mk1 focus's still knocking around🤔
Nissan micras of greater than 20 year vintage are still seen quite often, though probably a decline in the last few years. Oldish Toyota Corollas are also disproportionately abundant.

Nissan micras of greater than 20 year vintage are still seen quite often, though probably a decline in the last few years. Oldish Toyota Corollas are also disproportionately abundant.
Since I posted about common old cars I'm now seeing more of them now on the roads😏.

I think Mrs Tag's Micra was 21 years old when she gave it away. Bodily, It was pretty good nick, mechanically sound and was still going strong. It failed ULEZ though, which was crazy.

The first gen Notes are now getting to 15+ years and still pretty common around these parts. I have one myself, but it's "only" 12 years old.

Spotted yesterday. Not the most glamorous of motors but probably quite rare

:)

and the wolseley badge lit up when the sidelights were on

although it's basically a mini with fancy bits and an inflated price - later on they didn't even bother to give them a different badge, just stuck a poncy radiator grille on an allegro and so on

I wish it were a bit more in-depth like Wheeler Dealers used to be, but isn't really any more. I'll still tune in if they've got an old 635 on offer though. God I miss that car, but it can't be a great one to buy cheap because the body panels are outrageously expensive. The bits under the skin are all E28 5-series and cheap as chips, but the 6er only had a total run of about 80k over its life and anything that's unique to it (mainly the body) is stupidly rare in good shape.

I still don't understand why no-one commissioned Edd to make his own show, leaving out the buying and selling bits entirely. I'd happily just watch him restore something.

Hasen't Edd been doing stuff on you tube...I seem to remember him doing work to an Alfa belonging to someone I've met which was on there.

I wish it were a bit more in-depth like Wheeler Dealers used to be, but isn't really any more. I'll still tune in if they've got an old 635 on offer though. God I miss that car, but it can't be a great one to buy cheap because the body panels are outrageously expensive. The bits under the skin are all E28 5-series and cheap as chips, but the 6er only had a total run of about 80k over its life and anything that's unique to it (mainly the body) is stupidly rare in good shape.

I still don't understand why no-one commissioned Edd to make his own show, leaving out the buying and selling bits entirely. I'd happily just watch him restore something.
Wheeler Dealers are doing a V6 166L tonight 🥰

You never see any cars that don't look like a shapeless fucking pile of shit :(

1669918043831.png

And would you like that in grey, slightly different grey or shiny grey? And how many screens do you want in it? You can either have nine, ten or eleven.

Spotted this little Peugeot earlier today. Nice little car. Looks tidy with white wheels

hmm. looks weird with all the badges etc taken off.

I wonder if it's got Rallye wheels. They were always white.

from here, it looks like the basic wheels with the plastic wheel trims taken off.

i miss my old 205 - although it would have needed money throwing at it by now, mum-tat could only get in and out of it with a bit of effort and bad language, and it wasn't london ULEZ-able. i'd still have preferred to be able to make the decision rather than have the decision made by some twat stealing it...

I
I saw this Lancia on the road yesterday as I was driving to a client. It was being lodaed from Joe Macari into a car transporter
and no doubt being added to someone's collection. Gorgeous and glorious it looked in the flesh in the sun. It looked so low and wide :)

View attachment 349819

I work right opposite Joe Macari. What with that and there being a Ferrari & Bentley service centre on the other side of the road, we are well served with engine noise and cars I lust over.

Not yet driven the Saab 900 to work, but I expect they'll come and fawn over it when I do 🤣

Back
Top Bottom