Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Spied a sierra estate in the wild yesterday which pleased me, G reg, sort of greenish colour, but some of the doors were not exactly the same shade of green, probably resprayed doors from a scrapyard but not quite done right, gave it an extra authenticity IMO (late-life sierras rarely had a full set of matching coloured doors)

This took me a while to find the wonderful Fiat Bianca 1.6 ltd edition, with
factory sunroof and the brightest color-coded bumpers in the world, the car
that that put color - codded bumpers on the map.

p.s wing mirrors. and wheel trims ......

Attachments

• biancaaaaaaa.jpeg
    biancaaaaaaa.jpeg
    8.6 KB · Views: 10
I saw an MG Maestro out on the road yesterday.

I didn't get a photo but it was this colour.

MG%20Maestro%202.0i%20(1).jpg

There was me alluding to the fact that it might have been a personalised registration relating to the owners home town.

:)

there's some resistance in the classic car world to changing the original registration on a car.

some owners have cashed in on them and the cars (either with same or new owner) have a non-original registration now (there's some small places especially in wales and scotland that only issued a tiny proportion of their allocated registration numbers - i think there's one or two very obscure places that never used up their full allocation of 2 letter registrations - and they became available quite cheap in more recent years) - and of course some cars fell out of the system for one reason or another and have ended up with these instead.

And to go with that, amazingly, some owners still have all their original tax discs which they are keen to show off. You cannot put a price on originality.

Not sure why anyone would want them, especially if they are not originals.

it looks the part.

some classic car owners will add things like vintage picnic hampers, or put a newspaper of the right age on the back seat, and that sort of thing.

i used to know a couple who would sometimes dress 1950s style when they took their 1950s vauxhall to a car show

it looks the part.

some classic car owners will add things like vintage picnic hampers, or put a newspaper of the right age on the back seat, and that sort of thing.

i used to know a couple who would sometimes dress 1950s style when they took their 1950s vauxhall to a car show
For sure, I used to work with someone who with his wife, loved dressing up in vintage clothing and had a number of old classics.
Just go to the Goodwood revival and virtually everyone dresses the part. It was full of flat caps, overalls, cravats etc.

Both of these are probably cheating, since this is from Sicily and it's impossible to hurl a brick there without hitting a pre-2000s car; we must have seen at least a hundred 1980s Panda's in various states of repair whilst on the road.

The first is cheating because it's a Wedding Car, a somewhat idiosyncratic choice of a Renault 4:
renault4_wedding.jpg

...but this one I couldn't pass up on, an Innocenti Mini in absolutely perfect condition:
innocenti_mini1.jpg
innocenti_mini2.jpg
I've no idea if the Cooper Mk5 branding is at all genuine - from the wikipedia article it sounds like the original Innocenti's were all kit-built but did include the Cooper, but the Mk5 seemingly only happened in 1985, a decade past the Innocenti vintage for the original Innocenti Minis.

Back
Top Bottom