Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

I don't think this fully belongs here, except its a Mk1 Consul

It was pointed out to me by my partner that, against the ethos of the thread, that I only take pictures of cars I actually like so in trying to comply with the rules I hope you'll enjoy this rather lived-in Daihatsu Fourtrak:
daihatsu_fourtrak.jpg

...and this Renault Trafic which looked like it was just out to/returning from a family holiday.
renault_trafic.jpg

More in keeping with my usual stuff, the elusive Lotus Elan +2 I'd seen driving around was finally captured on film.
lotus_elan.jpg

Continuing the "didn't get a pic of it" vein though, I spotted a mint condition BMW 1502 today but wasn't able to get a pic of it. Less than 20 of them on the road these days it seems so I hope it's local so I can get a pic of it.

Years ago a friend had a +2S. He did his own mechanic jobs. He wasn't always very successful. He once had the cam covers off and forgot to put one back before taking it for a short run. He never did that again.

My
Just seen this. I remember, and can name, all of these. I loved rooting around in a scrapyard. Coming out with bits you had to work for to get off, then finding out it was a piece of shit. I got a collection of badges this way.

View attachment 322470
My dad was a motor mechanic and I used to spend many a Saturday morning with him as a 10yr old at the scrappies jumping up and down on top of cars pilled up high like these
No Health & Safety in those days just good clean fun! :facepalm::)

There's a very nice Traction I often see round London Fields.
Always loved them and considered buying one in the early '90s but after taking a nice Slough built Light 15 out for a test drive round Wandsworth, I changed my mind. Way too slow and clunky to live with. Went for a Volvo 1800S instead.

There's a bloke round here who has a DS as his only car, and often see it parked up in Tesco.

There's a very nice Traction I often see round London Fields.
Always loved them and considered buying one in the early '90s but after taking a nice Slough built Light 15 out for a test drive round Wandsworth, I changed my mind. Way too slow and clunky to live with. Went for a Volvo 1800S instead.

There's a bloke round here who has a DS as his only car, and often see it parked up in Tesco.
I've always liked the Traction Avants but I've never ever driven one. I suspect my views on them might change, just as yours did, but I have driven some very slow and difficult cars in my time so perhaps I could live with inadequacies.

Yeah, now I'm older I could probably just bimble along in one and not give a toss about the speed.
Especially in some nice retirement place in the sun where being LHD wouldn't be an issue. 20220611_100716.jpg
This has been on the walls of various homes since the late '80s and I love it dearly. :)

Back
Top Bottom