Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

Modern Porsches are not my thing, but you can still drive it and keep it in a garage, Judging by the number of cars I have seen seriously damaged while parked overnight in the street I would say it is to be recomended.

Modern Porsches are not my thing, but you can still drive it and keep it in a garage, Judging by the number of cars I have seen seriously damaged while parked overnight in the street I would say it is to be recomended.

I meant it would be used rather than just parked up looking pretty. IMO cars are better being used even if it means they're not perfect. Of course there are exceptions to this rule.

A friend of mine had someone walk up his drive, past his BMW, to vandalise his Porsche parked in front of it. A particularly specific act of vandalism.

One of the over night hit and runs I know of. This got written off by insurers. Another Alfisti bought it back from insurers and had it back on the road within a week or two. Coincidentally, the owner has now gone to the dark side and bought an old Porsche.

Attachments

• IMG_20211019_112106_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20211019_112106_hdr.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 11
One of the over night hit and runs I know of. This got written off by insurers. Another Alfisti bought it back from insurers and had it back on the road within a week or two. Coincidentally, the owner has now gone to the dark side and bought an old Porsche.
I do like a nice Alfa

Was looking around for some ULEZ exempt cars yesterday and there were some nice Fulvias that seem reasonably priced, but this one leapt out at me, a 1600 HF.

Absolutely gorgeous, but cannot imagine how expensive it probably is.

Was looking around for some ULEZ exempt cars yesterday and there were some nice Fulvias that seem reasonably priced, but this one leapt out at me, a 1600 HF.

Absolutely gorgeous, but cannot imagine how expensive it probably is.
A friend had a red one. It was great fun to drive but a dog-leg first made it a pig to get off the line, but once it did it was great. Downside to them was that you could get the front sub-frame to crack in hard, rough road, driving. The give away was cracking on the front wings at the top of the arches. But what a car.

There was a spider version which was beautiful.6a4d579ff7b6e1109d1ef8b86bc46ad4.jpeg133afd0643b5ae5927714487c989b6ee.jpeg

Just seen this. I remember, and can name, all of these. I loved rooting around in a scrapyard. Coming out with bits you had to work for to get off, then finding out it was a piece of shit. I got a collection of badges this way.

1652457433409.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Ax^
Just seen this. I remember, and can name, all of these. I loved rooting around in a scrapyard. Coming out with bits you had to work for to get off, then finding out it was a piece of shit. I got a collection of badges this way.

View attachment 322470
I always wanted a Triumph Herald...the Austin A30 had the winged A that opened the bonnet...and the Austin 1100 had that thermometer type speedo. I leaned to drive in a mini...my first car was a Morris 1000. Never liked Hillmans...so you can keep those

Thank you. One of the cars a mate has bought is a white/cream hard top zagato. Beautiful. Good engines in Lancia's, light bodies/rust buckets, hence no more new lancias in the UK. Good drivers cars I believe.
Hmmm
Lancia Gamma?
“ Its all-aluminum construction was underengineered, and any minor problems with one of the engine’s peripherals had a tendency to cascade and result in total failure. And speaking of peripherals, instead of being driven off the crank pulley as with most cars, the power steering pump was connected to the left timing belt, and when an additional load was placed on the pump—say, the steering was turned to full lock—the timing belt snapped under the strain, and, well, you can imagine the carnage that ensued.”

Thank you. One of the cars a mate has bought is a white/cream hard top zagato. Beautiful. Good engines in Lancia's, light bodies/rust buckets, hence no more new lancias in the UK. Good drivers cars I believe.
They're rebadged as Chrysler in uk.

I must have been about 8 or 9 years old (1975 or so) and we had a day out to Folkstone one time and saw a load of Beta saloons sitting in a docking area.
So me and my dad wandered over to have a look at them and I remember vividly somebody there showing us the surface rust coming through the thin paintwork by running his finger along the top of the door.
The things were rusting away before they even got to the dealerships. It was shit Russian steel if I remember rightly.

Still have a thing for early Fulvias and Flavia coupes though, properly made Lancias.

Back
Top Bottom