Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

I saw this in a showroom yesterday, I would, if I had the money. A stunning beautiful example :thumbs:

1609762843526.png

On a few year old Bangers and Cash they were extolling it's light weight and good powerful engine. They also said less than 150 on the road. It was much liked.

Aston were going to bring back the Lagonda badge for their future electric range. But now thy have done their 'shares for electric tech' deal with Mercedes this isn't going to happen and any electric cars will carry the Aston Martin badge.

The uncle of a friend of mine had one. It was unreliable and shit. But I'd like one.

Very solid investment I reckon. I've seen them go for about 100 grand recently. They were made in tiny numbers and a lot have been scrapped in the 90s on account of the aforementioned shiteness.

They are the only production car with the odometer under the bonnet.

A car that you never see any more, partly because you never saw it in the first place

The Renault Wind

Renault-Wind-side-profile-1024x576.jpg

Only 12,000 were sold in the UK. They were massively overpriced when new, but fortunately the value dropped rapidly. I had one for a few years and it was in some ways fantastic. It looks wierd and is the size of a rollerskate. But bizarrely it's roomy inside . I'm more than 6 foot and found it comfy to drive. I didn't even need the seat all the way back.

The boot was huge and stayed the same size when the roof was down.

It had no power, and drove like a shoe. But it had a strange charm

A car that you never see any more, partly because you never saw it in the first place

The Renault Wind

View attachment 260544

Only 12,000 were sold in the UK. They were massively overpriced when new, but fortunately the value dropped rapidly. I had one for a few years and it was in some ways fantastic. It looks wierd and is the size of a rollerskate. But bizarrely it's roomy inside . I'm more than 6 foot and found it comfy to drive. I didn't even need the seat all the way back.

The boot was huge and stayed the same size when the roof was down.

It had no power, and drove like a shoe. But it had a strange charm
Looks like a decent rival to the Smart coupe.

Back
Top Bottom