Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cars You Never See Anymore

A beaut. Its clearly been rodded. It might even go round corners :D
I would.

So would I

Ken-Brooks-DRO.jpg

View attachment 235380View attachment 235381View attachment 235382
Just passed this Chevrolet on the M18. Looking gorgeous. Sadly my knowledge doesn’t help in knowing the model.
Pretty sure it's a '56, my old man had one although a station wagon.Big fucking internal space, power brakes ( had a sticker on the back window warning following drivers ) and this particular one was very reliable was a V8 I think a 283 but I may be wrong.The old man was a Chevvy fan from my childhood up to teenager I can remember '48 Fleetmaster, '52 don't remember model but had the venerable stove bolt 6,the Station wagon, '57 Bel Air that I stole when I was 13 (long story) after I left home he had a '61 Impala the one where the back wheels started lifting off the road if you went over 100mph. He went for Japanese stuff sometime after that and when he died had a Nissan Maxima GT something or other, fucking thing had some poke, my nephew has it now.

Thanks. As I say looked gorgeous but I surmise like most American engineering all smoke and mirrors, I guess an absolute nightmare to repair too.

They are very easy to work on because they are big and relatively simple. They also have phenomenal aftermarket support and just about any part you'd ever need is readily available.

They are very easy to work on because they are big and relatively simple. They also have phenomenal aftermarket support and just about any part you'd ever need is readily available.
Everyday a schoolday, just my experience of American machinery. I understand that due to the amount of V8 engines across the globe the spares are easily sourced. I have a mate who water skis and repaired and converted V8 engines on the side.

I was walking down the far end of Queen Street in Auckland one night - where the sign telling pedestrians not to cross diagonally is - and a big flotilla of American classic custom cars roared past. Spectacular stuff.

Back
Top Bottom