Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Can you eat a sandwich without crisps?

Can you eat a sandwich without crisps?

• Total voters
I don't want the crisps OR the sugary drink ta.
There is that.

I have been allowing myself to be tempted by cold lemon fanta recently, it does seem to keep me awake but that is probably the sugar.

Was wondering today, there is iced tea in the shops, why no iced coffee?

I rarely eat crisps. But when I do, it's always with a sandwich. I'd find a bag on their own too salty.

It’s much nicer with both. Also a pint and crisps and peanuts packets ripped asunder and mixed in the middle of the table.

I can never eat much at work. The most I ever bring to work for lunch is yoghurt and a piece of fruit and a couple of oat biscuits.

As a Saturday lunch though I occasionally have a toasted ham and cheese sandwich with a side of cheese and onion crisps. Sometimes with tomato soup.

These would be my favourite crisps at the moment. There is no way I'd eat a full bag along with a sandwich.....
5390248510016-4733-46dada-Keogh-s-Mature-Irish-Cheese---Onion-125g.jpg

However, I'd happily go through a bag watching a film....every now and then :D

No option for 'why would an adult even think of eating something so obviously childish as a crisp sandwich?'

Poll fail...

Not a big fan of crisps although I'll eat them if they're put in front of me. I HATE all the bits that get stuck in your teeth afterwards & how they make your breath stink &;your mouth & hands all greasy.

I'm picky about the bread they use - a lot of chippies use shit bread, and probably nasty margarine. :(

I should make them at home I suppose.

Stotties are greatly for chip butties but it feels like eating a brick.

I would never buy a chip butty.
Always make my own with lovely fresh white bread slathered in kerrygold butter. About 10 homemade chips...salt and a little vinegar.

Home made only.

No option for 'why would an adult even think of eating something so obviously childish as a crisp sandwich?'

Poll fail...

Not a big fan of crisps although I'll eat them if they're put in front of me. I HATE all the bits that get stuck in your teeth afterwards & how they make your breath stink &;your mouth & hands all greasy.

Sad to see such oldiness in people who are still young enough.

:D

A crusty cob with salt n vinegar square crisps is something I could everyday same as a chip butty. I don’t cos it’s not healthy but a few times per year hell yeah.
A chip butty is something else I've never seen the attraction of, TBH.

Each to their own - I'll leave you and your fellow carb-cravers to your thread.

A sandwich without crisps is disappointing, and naggingly disconcerting. Like not having a cup of tea or coffee at breakfast time. The more boring, basic the sandwich, one of those supermarket plastic triangle things, no crisps with one of those, borderlines on quiet rage. I don’t actually often eat sandwiches for lunch. I mean I don’t miss crisps if I have a rap. Which occupies some other non-sandwich category in my mind.

I'm picky about the bread they use - a lot of chippies use shit bread, and probably nasty margarine. :(

I should make them at home I suppose.

Stotties are greatly for chip butties but it feels like eating a brick.

Wait, what? You actually buy chip butty from the chip shop? I always thought it was made at home, cheap white bread,. Not that I’ve done that for about 30 years.

Chippy shop chips are always disappointing too.

Limp anemic things and usually too greasy.

Why on earth would anyone want to shove that between cheap, overly yeasted chorley-wood processed bread?

The mind boggles, honestly.

It's bizarre.

Why on earth would anyone want to shove that between cheap, overly yeasted chorley-wood processed bread?

It's bizarre.

You really have to make your own chips...twice fried. They are gorgeous inbetween two slices of thick white buttered bread.
Sigh....

It's bizarre.
I agree with all of those things and yet.....and yet.....a chip butty only really tastes good with slightly soggy chippy chips and cheap-ass white bread. Has to be proper butter though.

Oh my FabricLiveBaby! you have not lived!

In Glasgow they have the mighty Morton’s rolls so as a kid after swimming I would have a ‘roll n chips’ or a ‘roll n fritter’ -I would never consider just bread outside the home.

Last year I went back to The Swallow Cafe where I went as a kid after swimming with my partner so he could taste the joy too.

Back
Top Bottom