Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Slight tangent - There was an old episode of How I Met Your Mother on the other night which had both Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof in it, so naturally I then felt obliged to watch A Hole in the World and Shells from 'Angel'.

Do not attempt this if feeling blue :(:D

Slight tangent - There was an old episode of How I Met Your Mother on the other night which had both Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof in it, so naturally I then felt obliged to watch A Hole in the World and Shells from 'Angel'.

Do not attempt this if feeling blue :(:D
Oh god no, they're not episodes for sad days.

Dead End (evil hand!) though, or Through the Looking Glass however :thumbs:

Even after six series, I still can't get used to Connor being in Mad Men.
Oh fuck orffffffff!!! :eek:

(can't believe I didn't notice that!)

I am so crap for remembering the names of episodes (same for songs). I am going to have to google all of these ones mentioned. :D

Re. Angel -
I don't really understand the reasoning behind the Fred/Illiria thing. I mean I get why for plot reasons, but unlike Anya dying at the end of Buffy I don't understand why they couldn't resolve it before the end. As it ended open but probably doomed I don't get why Fred couldn't have been recovered, as it were. A little bit of a happy ending would have been nice, seeing as it never happened with Cordelia :( It has been a year since I watched it, but it seems like they went for bittersweet again.

Re. Angel -
I don't really understand the reasoning behind the Fred/Illiria thing. I mean I get why for plot reasons, but unlike Anya dying at the end of Buffy I don't understand why they couldn't resolve it before the end. As it ended open but probably doomed I don't get why Fred couldn't have been recovered, as it were. A little bit of a happy ending would have been nice, seeing as it never happened with Cordelia :( It has been a year since I watched it, but it seems like they went for bittersweet again.
Wasn't it a bit of a set up for Wesley dying? So they killed off Fred and that was very sad, in part because Wesley never got to be with her, but when he died it felt a bit like completion.
Plus of course the ending of Angel in general is far darker, more uncertain and less optimistic than Buffy.

Wasn't it a bit of a set up for Wesley dying? So they killed off Fred and that was very sad, in part because Wesley never got to be with her, but when he died it felt a bit like completion.
Plus of course the ending of Angel in general is far darker, more uncertain and less optimistic than Buffy.
Oh yes, re the spoilered part, I'd forgotten that :facepalm:

I think it's because of the uncertainty and lack of optimism (which I'm fine with, on the whole I loved the ending) that I wanted something resolved. But I think I'm forgetting loads.

Wasn't it that they had to end Angel a series earlier than they had originally intended? Or have I made that up?

Back
Top Bottom