Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

:D (((kittyP))) I hope you made it through. I might watch OMWF tonight, although I'm a bit glum so I might watch a sad one and have a good cry (NOT the wedding one, I'll jump off the balcony (not really) if I watch that). Or maybe I should woman up, watch Showtime and try and get some of my RAH back :cool:

Welcome to Thunderdome!

I don't like Anne or The Freshman Glitter :hmm: I mean, they're good, but don't fill me with RAH rather than remind me of that horrible lost/isolated feeling that is very familiar.

I don't like Anne or The Freshman Glitter :hmm: I mean, they're good, but don't fill me with RAH rather than remind me of that horrible lost/isolated feeling that is very familiar.

It's the overcoming that and kicking arse that I love in both of those.

'The arm's hurt, it's not broken' BAM!!! :D

The best thing (almost) about The Zeppo is that Buffy and the rest are clearly involved in a semi apocalypse, but it's barely given a second look :D

Also, Xander interrupting Buffy and Angel's over the top declarations of love, etc is great

So, Xander is turning into Giles :oops:

BrKrjJ2CQAEShaw.jpg

I never really found Xander attractive til now :eek: :oops:

Not even in The Pack? (I have a thing for bad boys)

He is exactly the same age (43) as anthony head was when Buffy started.

edit - in fact, taking filming time into account, and the fact that Head's birthday is in february, he was younger than Xander is now.

This is THE most depressing thing I have heard/read in ages :(

"We are old" moment :eek:
My 'I'm really old' moment with regard to Buffy is that when I watch it now I can't help but feel really strongly that Buffy would have had a much happier life if she had stayed with Riley. I was in my early 20s watching s4&5 and I hated Riley with a passion. So much so that I was even gutted in his final episode as her boyfriend that she ran after him. It wasn't good enough for me that he was leaving, I wanted to know that Buffy never really loved him because I didn't think he was worthy of her. Seeing her run after him, just too late, was disappointing (though Xander's declaration of love for Anya was fantastic). But now with 15 years of life experience I can see that he was so much better for her than Angel and Spike and I understand and agree with what Joyce did in The Prom, when I sort of hated her for it for years.

My 'I'm really old' moment with regard to Buffy is that when I watch it now I can't help but feel really strongly that Buffy would have had a much happier life if she had stayed with Riley. I was in my early 20s watching s4&5 and I hated Riley with a passion. So much so that I was even gutted in his final episode as her boyfriend that she ran after him. It wasn't good enough for me that he was leaving, I wanted to know that Buffy never really loved him because I didn't think he was worthy of her. Seeing her run after him, just too late, was disappointing (though Xander's declaration of love for Anya was fantastic). But now with 15 years of life experience I can see that he was so much better for her than Angel and Spike and I understand and agree with what Joyce did in The Prom, when I sort of hated her for it for years.
Nah. Riley was a knob. Trust your instincts.

Yeah maybe not Riley, he did manage to make her mother's brain tumour all about him and developed a weird sexual thing with a vampire 'prostitute.' He was threatened by her strength. But Buffy would have been happier overall if she could have loved a human who understood her world but didn't feel unmanned by her power. Xander maybe.

Gosh, look at Xander :oops:

Glitter, I think we need to Spike spam the thread for a bit. What are these loons talking about? ;)

Btw, I watched Anne yesterday (plus the two that follow it) and I did get some of my RAAH back.

Back
Top Bottom