Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I don't suppose you remember what series it was on as an extra, as maybe I missed it. I would have assumed series 1? If I really don't have it I will indeed look online.
It was a box set of all the series, but it was on one of the DVDs for series 1. It may have been a US rather than UK box set though.

A month ago or so I was at the end of series 6.
Now I've jumped background to series 1 episode 1 (now on 3)and have missed these episodes out so many times over, it's really good to watch them :)

*feeling all warm and fluffy inside*

kittyP I love you :D

My go to episode is Anne S3 ep1. I also like a LOT of S4.

I love Buffy for S2 and S5 and how powerful they are but lots of it are too much for me to watch a lot.

And then I do and I remember......and fuck me it's always more powerful than I thought!

Glitter said:
kittyP I love you :D

My go to episode is Anne S3 ep1. I also like a LOT of S4.

I love Buffy for S2 and S5 and how powerful they are but lots of it are too much for me to watch a lot.

And then I do and I remember......and fuck me it's always more powerful than I thought!

Love you too my darling :)

Yeah, now natter how many times I watch it all, it still surprises me with how's powerful it is.

This is going to sound terrible to anyone apart from thread regulars. Currently watching Star Trek on Netflix to entertain myself during feeds/when the baby sleeps on me, but when that finishes I'm thinking "is it too soon for Buffy again? I think not!" :)

This is all muted with subtitles though, so maybe Once More With Feeling would be a bit of a waste :D

I started watching Buffy again :oops:, very occasionally. I wanted to evaluate season 1 again. Only on episode 4, and probably watching one or two episodes a week. Interestingly, didn't much like the first season first time I saw it, but I can honestly say I have seen nothing wrong with it this time, not sure what I didn't like about it (edit: I think it was mostly the fights scenes that bothered me)? I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. I guess familiarity makes a huge difference!

So, I went and bought the Buffy comic book (Hard copy, so Season 8 is in 3 volumes). Volume 2 arrived today, and this means I liked Volume 1 enough to buy more!

Not so very different from the first episode... Apart from Willow! (I 'speed' watched it though, but seems the main plot is pretty much the same)

Last edited:
girasol said:
I started watching Buffy again :oops:, very occasionally. I wanted to evaluate season 1 again. Only on episode 4, and probably watching one or two episodes a week. Interestingly, didn't much like the first season first time I saw it, but I can honestly say I have seen nothing wrong with it this time, not sure what I didn't like about it? I actually laughed out loud a couple of times. I guess familiarity makes a huge difference!

So, I went and bought the Buffy comic book (Hard copy, so Season 8 is in 3 volumes). Volume 2 arrived today, and this means I liked Volume 1 enough to buy more!

I am on episode 10 of season 1 now.
Internet is down here and I have epic period pain so this is helping.
I dunno what time round this is now :oops:

I'm on season 2 just finished the.episode where we.find out a.character.is a werewolf and another has.gone bad. Taken me nearly two years to rematch this.far. I know I'm getting ever.closer to.the shit with the fish.

CNT36 said:
I'm on season 2 just finished the.episode where we.find out a.character.is a werewolf and another has.gone bad. Taken me nearly two years to rematch this.far. I know I'm getting ever.closer to.the shit with the fish.

The shit with the fish?

I have just watched the whole thing in about a month. For the first time.

It is cool. I liked it. I'll watch some again. The one where her mum dies is probably the single most rawly traumatic 45mins of screen drama I have *ever* seen. Very real. Horrible. I wept for my own dead dad when I watched it - and actually, was fairly cross about it, as well as impressed. I didn't sign up for *that*.

But then, for dawn to be essentially "over" the death of buffy after a few months seemed a bit unreal.

The logical inconsistencies of the show were annoying. Like, did they register her death or not? They had a funeral, a tombstone, but didn't tell her Dad? Or the school? Unlikely.

Also, the one slayer at a time rule didn't seem clear in early seasons. And why would you have a whole council of watchers if Giles is the only active one?

Oh Christ the accents. I mean, yes - James Marsden = hot. But wtf was his accent? They had a bloody British actor on set and he still couldn't pronounce "can't".

But I have enjoyed it and will watch it again in bits and pieces. Might start with the one where Giles eats the Halloween chocolate... Oh my! :oops:

I have just watched the whole thing in about a month. For the first time.

It is cool. I liked it. I'll watch some again. The one where her mum dies is probably the single most rawly traumatic 45mins of screen drama I have *ever* seen. Very real. Horrible. I wept for my own dead dad when I watched it - and actually, was fairly cross about it, as well as impressed. I didn't sign up for *that*.

But then, for dawn to be essentially "over" the death of buffy after a few months seemed a bit unreal.

The logical inconsistencies of the show were annoying. Like, did they register her death or not? They had a funeral, a tombstone, but didn't tell her Dad? Or the school? Unlikely.

Also, the one slayer at a time rule didn't seem clear in early seasons. And why would you have a whole council of watchers if Giles is the only active one?

Oh Christ the accents. I mean, yes - James Marsden = hot. But wtf was his accent? They had a bloody British actor on set and he still couldn't pronounce "can't".

But I have enjoyed it and will watch it again in bits and pieces. Might start with the one where Giles eats the Halloween chocolate... Oh my! :oops:

I think the fact that James Masters accent was sometimes a bit iffy was kinda part of what made Spike endearing.,
Also, when Giles has a more cockney accent (in Band Candy when they act like teenagers) his is not so great either.

Yes I though about all the inconsistencies in it too at one point but then though, agh, she's a vampire slayer ffs*, suspend your disbelief.

*the ffs was at myself not you spangles x

The one where her mum dies is probably the single most rawly traumatic 45mins of screen drama I have *ever* seen. Very real. Horrible. I wept for my own dead dad when I watched it - and actually, was fairly cross about it, as well as impressed. I didn't sign up for *that*.

<snip>

yep. like many of us, Buffy is comfort tv for me, but with my own mum having just died, i don't know when i'll be ready to watch it again.

i will watch my comedy selections instead for a while i think.

I think the fact that James Masters accent was sometimes a bit iffy was kinda part of what made Spike endearing.,
Also, when Giles has a more cockney accent (in Band Candy when they act like teenagers) his is not so great either.

Yes I though about all the inconsistencies in it too at one point but then though, agh, she's a vampire slayer ffs*, suspend your disbelief.

*the ffs was at myself not you sp angles x
They sort of work the iffyness of Spikes accent into the character though right? Starting of as William the poet and adopted the accent once he'd gone bad.

In other news just finished season 2 and the fish story was better than I remembered.

They sort of work the iffyness of Spikes accent into the character though right? Starting of as William the poet and adopted the accent once he'd gone bad.
I like your retconning logic :D, though tbf I doubt they had really thought of William's back story when Spike was originally introduced as a big bad for one season!

Back
Top Bottom