Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

I had to do it.
It has been one of those days that only Once More With Feeling could make a dent in.
I have been sobbing and singing at the same time "Give me something to sing about!" :oops:

Someone told me the other day that I should be grateful for Buffy for making librarians hip. Is this true? Is it just Giles who's a librarian or are there others, cos I don't think Mr Nescafé is particularly hip.

Is willow a librarian too? She fills my criteria for sexy librarian type.
I have met and touched Alyson Hannigan btw (she touched me back n all).

I was about to say that librarians are def cool (none more so than Giles) - they are guardians of knowledge FFS!- but I am now slightly disturbed by your last post

Someone told me the other day that I should be grateful for Buffy for making librarians hip. Is this true? Is it just Giles who's a librarian or are there others, cos I don't think Mr Nescafé is particularly hip.
bit rich someone telling you Giles made librarians hip, when it was obviously the librarian in Discworld. The one who was an orang-utan.

I think @agentsparrow had a Buffy cat but she sadly maybe have passed leaving just Trillian, or was it the other way around?

I was actually popping on to post something completely different and saw this final post.
I think @agentsparrow had a Buffy cat but she sadly maybe have passed leaving just Trillian, or was it the other way around?
Yes, sadly poor Buffy cat passed away after a sudden mystery illness around June time last year :( Trillian now has bladder issues but is still going strong however.

It was the poorest case of nominative determinism ever. Buffy was practically frightened of her shadow, and Trillian (named after a character with one degree in mathematics and another in astrophysics) took a year to work out how to use the cat flap. :facepalm::D

Anyway, I was popping back on to say that as I'm part time from work for the next three weeks and then off, I started my Buffy the VS viewing on Thursday. Which worked quite well on Thursday and Friday because I had things to do and could just watch episodes dotted around without feeling like it was excessive. However, today I have already watched four and am really, really trying to not watch another one because a) I have chores to do, b) if I keep watching them at this rate I'll get through them in no time, and c) it's a bit of a lazy and unproductive way to spend a whole Saturday daytime when you get down to it! :oops:

I am by no means posting on here to be given permission... :hmm:

Agent Sparrow said:
Anyway, I was popping back on to say that as I'm part time from work for the next three weeks and then off, I started my Buffy the VS viewing on Thursday. Which worked quite well on Thursday and Friday because I had things to do and could just watch episodes dotted around without feeling like it was excessive. However, today I have already watched four and am really, really trying to not watch another one because a) I have chores to do, b) if I keep watching them at this rate I'll get through them in no time, and c) it's a bit of a lazy and unproductive way to spend a whole Saturday daytime when you get down to it! :oops:

Give in :) It's futile to resist.

If you finish it too soon you can move on to Angel ;)

I may try and do a little housework and come back to it, because that will probably feel more satisfying or some such thing. :)

I recently had the pleasure of watching the housemates work their way through my Buffy box set and come to understand that yes, Buffy is one of the greatest things on telly ever :cool:

:cool:

Btw, I watched one more, and there are two more episodes of the first series to go, which I think I will save for tomorrow. I obviously missed the latter half of the first series first time round, so it's been a nice bonus watching "new" episodes :cool:

...and Trillian (named after a character with one degree in mathematics and another in astrophysics) took a year to work out how to use the cat flap. :facepalm::D

It's obvious that she was too busy doing differential calculus to worry about something as quotidian as using a cat flap. :rolleyes:

:D

my cat is named after Willow. I've probably said that before on this thread but I needed to say it again. I love Willow.
My ginger cat is called Willow, when we discovered he was a he we attempted to pretend he was named after Warwick Davis, but nobody believes that

It's obvious that she was too busy doing differential calculus to worry about something as quotidian as using a cat flap. :rolleyes:

:D
In all fairness, whilst I have trained her to do practically fuck all, she has managed to train me to open the patio door for her on demand so she doesn't have to expend the effort of using the cat flap :oops:

There was a round on Buffy on last night's celebrity mastermind.

I just watched on iplayer and got 10 out of a possible 11 and am kicking myself for the one I got wrong.

I bet Rebelda will smash it.

Back
Top Bottom