Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

'If you leave me here I'll do something evil. Like burning things.....or glueing things together' :D
Andrew <3 eta: does he deliver that line in oven gloves? I can't remember :D

I haven't watched any Buffy for weeks :( Was being really strict about watching every episode chronologically (yeah I know :rolleyes::oops:) but I might crack out Once More With Feeling later because I'm ill. Apparently my 3yo told my mum that 'mama watches Puffy and Spike, but it's a bit scary for me' :D

Andrew <3 eta: does he deliver that line in oven gloves? I can't remember :D

I haven't watched any Buffy for weeks :( Was being really strict about watching every episode chronologically (yeah I know :rolleyes::oops:) but I might crack out Once More With Feeling later because I'm ill. Apparently my 3yo told my mum that 'mama watches Puffy and Spike, but it's a bit scary for me' :D

Nope. That would be 'this funnel cake is kicking my ass!'

:)

Rebelda I love Andrew too.

But sometimes I feel bad about it because he killed Jonathan. Who I also loved.
Yeah I get that, but he was being manipulated by The First ('what do you want Jonathan slash The First?' :D). I know it doesn't absolve him as much as it did Spike, because he wasn't being triggered or anything but still.

I love the scene where Buffy and Giles try to explain Spike's soul/chip/trigger combination to Principal Wool :D

In fact, one thing I especially like about Buffy is that the 'good guys' can be bad, have dodgy pasts or go off the rails. Ex(ish) demons like Anya and Angel; Andrew who tried ever so hard to be bad; Giles' past; Buffy and Willow have their respective moments and Spike and Faith who are just plain complicated. Makes a Harry Potter quote spring to mind: 'The world isn't divided into Good People and Death Eaters' :oops:

In fact, one thing I especially like about Buffy is that the 'good guys' can be bad, have dodgy pasts or go off the rails. Ex(ish) demons like Anya and Angel; Andrew who tried ever so hard to be bad; Giles' past; Buffy and Willow have their respective moments and Spike and Faith who are just plain complicated. Makes a Harry Potter quote spring to mind: 'The world isn't divided into Good People and Death Eaters' :oops:

Giles killed Ben too!

I think it was done very well at the end of S5 where they all went off to try and save Dawn with Buffy and Giles making it very clear that they would be up against each other if Glory succeeded.

Tara is just great. I don't understand dislike for Tara.
B-b-because she's trying to a-a-ct all insecure and... n-n-nervous, but doesn't do a very good job of it at all and is just highly irritating. It apparently basically comes down to stammering (and she can't even do that well!), looking a bit mopey and mumbling everything.

Compare first season Willow with first season Tara. I know they're not going for exactly the same thing but Willow has infinitely more charm. And again, I still don't understand why they're in a relationship; still haven't seen them have any particularly meaningful exchanges outside of various romantic delcarations based on not very much at all.

Oh, and I have found myself laughing at a couple of Riley lines, on occassion :hmm: :oops:

Giles killed Ben too!

I think it was done very well at the end of S5 where they all went off to try and save Dawn with Buffy and Giles making it very clear that they would be up against each other if Glory succeeded.

"And remember: the ritual starts. We all die. I'll kill anyone who comes near Dawn."

That is a little Buffy shiver moment for me.

Thou shalt not refer to the Potter *spit* on a Buffy thread :mad:

Buffy season 7 is a masterclass in letting a TV show go off the boil because no one can be bothered.. luckily Caleb turning up at the end manages to drag it back into something resembling proper Buffy ...

I remember it being pretty short on laughs. And the whole thing with all the potentials kinda ruins the whole feel of the show, there are too many people buzzing around and no real chance to develop any of them as characters. Even Buffy becomes pretty one-dimensional with all the doom and gloom and weight-of-the-world type stuff.

Dawn becomes much less irritating in season seven though, probably because the character and the actress had both grown up a bit. And it's good to see Faith given a chance to redeem herself.

images

Willow and Oz: The Wonder Years.

Back
Top Bottom