Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Actually I'm sober and I genuinely believe that Riley is not as bad as everyone thinks.

The kitten pictures I just find funny.

I'm with you, red rose. I think he was by and large the right character for the time. Could have been better, but at least he wasn't a rerun of the same old stuff.

I'm slowly re-watching for the first time since it was on the BBC. The last episode was the one where it's discovered Angel is a vampire.

I'm gonna keep fighting this corner...

Why do Willow and Tara like each other? We're maybe three/four episodes into them knowing each other and so far there's been barely any interaction that isn't "hey, you do spells? I do spells! Let's do some spells!". There's nothing of them getting to know each other, of their friendship developing. Willow even said "oh, I don't just come here to do spells". And Tara really doesn't have any drive or impulse, she just goes along with Willow and says "woah". She's a female Keanu Reeves without the charm.

Oh God, and Riley just tried to do "traumatised". I think I've been traumatised by the experience :(

Ok, maybe I'm a bit tired and grumpy, but still say I have a point.

I thoguht the Willow and Tara stuff was done really well, all the sly furtive looks and the suggestions of so much more off camera then that spell they did that was obviously a sex metaphor and it was lovely I thought.

I'm gonna keep fighting this corner...

Why do Willow and Tara like each other? We're maybe three/four episodes into them knowing each other and so far there's been barely any interaction that isn't "hey, you do spells? I do spells! Let's do some spells!". There's nothing of them getting to know each other, of their friendship developing. Willow even said "oh, I don't just come here to do spells". And Tara really doesn't have any drive or impulse, she just goes along with Willow and says "woah". She's a female Keanu Reeves without the charm.

They were united by them both thinking how lame and hippy the wicca group was.

Buffy v Dracula, starring Nick Cave and Kylie Minogue

tumblr_mr60clFEzh1qcuvuho1_500.jpg

Oh christ, we've gone from a scene with Dawn to a scene with Tara to a scene with Riley. At some point they're going to be in a scene together and I will throw my shoe at the television. While my foot is still in it.

That's right, from here on in I'm going to be complaining about The Tiresome Trio. For a change.

Tara and Willow like each other because of off-camera.
I wonder whether it was intended to be a surprise when it turned out that Willow was dining at the Y.

Obviously, their getting together was off-camera, but were the lingering looks etc meant to be subtle hints, or blatant?

I wonder whether it was intended to be a surprise when it turned out that Willow was dining at the Y.

Obviously, their getting together was off-camera, but were the lingering looks etc meant to be subtle hints, or blatant?
Quite blatant, I think. Well, whether they were meant to be or not...

Gah, they were so close to killing Dawn, so close!

Dawn has good lines but is very poorly acted. Also, once her storyline is done with, they never did find a proper place for her in the wider arc.
On the other hand, Riley has no good lines and is moderately acted.
Tara is just great. I don't understand dislike for Tara.

Dawn has good lines but is very poorly acted. Also, once her storyline is done with, they never did find a proper place for her in the wider arc.
On the other hand, Riley has no good lines and is moderately acted.
Tara is just great. I don't understand dislike for Tara.

Agree for the most part but I find S7 Dawn far less irritating. I've just watched 'Potential' and find her and Xander at the end important as a foil for the 'superheroes' (Also sets the scene for for Caleb later poking out the eye obv)

I like Tara too. Except the dyed grey hair and crossover parting in her first appearances.

Buffy season 7 is a masterclass in letting a TV show go off the boil because no one can be bothered.. luckily Caleb turning up at the end manages to drag it back into something resembling proper Buffy ...

Back
Top Bottom