Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bridgend MP Jamie Wallis arrested

Forgive me for indulging my cynicism but, if he was involved in a blackmail case last year that concluded with someone being sent to jail, then why does there seem to be no public record of this? Presumably he is not silly enough just to make up something like that. Did the court somehow impose reporting restrictions?

Forgive me for indulging my cynicism but, if he was involved in a blackmail case last year that concluded with someone being sent to jail, then why does there seem to be no public record of this? Presumably he is not silly enough just to make up something like that. Did the court somehow impose reporting restrictions?

Some information about privacy protections in blackmail trials:

You really can’t understand how blackmail cases don’t report the full details of the blackmail?

Kingsley Knapsley acted for Greville Janner if memory serves me right.It is I think a little bit surprising that an individual can go to prison for such a substantial term without some details of the case hitting the press.What if he were to opt to appeal the conviction for example?

What a very bizarre story this has been, begging to.....not end, exactly; beginning to wherever we currently find ourselves.

Have any articles that anyone has read mentioned anyone being arrested or charged for the rape he alleges?

I mean, the fact remains that he only re-emerged at a point where any blood test for booze or drugs would have been inconclusive. Truth is he fled the scene of an accident, which many people do and which the courts tend to take a very dim view of. His allegation creates a total switcheroo that gives him good cause for doing what he did and potentially lets him off the hook for the crime he committed.

You're not implying that if someone isn't arrested or charged that a rape didn't happen, are you..?
No, for the record I'm absolutely not implying any such thing. I am, however, deeply suspicious of the veracity of anything that comes out of the mouths of Tory MPs and can see the advantage he would gain in relation to the offence for which he's charged for saying such a thing.

Last edited:
No, for the record I'm absolutely not implying any such thing. I am, however, deeply suspicious of the veracity of anything that comes out of the mouths of Tory MPs and can see the advantage he would gain in relation to the offence for which he's charged for saying such a thing.
yeah, that's actually implying that the rape he alleges didn't happen, even if you say it isn't.

yeah, that's actually implying that the rape he alleges didn't happen, even if you say it isn't.
No, it's stating that the guy is a proven liar who has a lot to lose if he is found guilty of the offence for which he's accused. And no, I wouldn't put it past him.

It is by no means implying that a rape didn't happen in any instance when nobody is arrested or charged for it.

In what way is he trans? Fully transitioned or with intention to transition? I'm confused.

edit: oh, yeah, wants to be... mmm, ok.

I'm not implying the rape didn't happen, but he's a lying bastard and I wouldn't put it past him.

ok.
No, I am implying that he, as in this specific individual, may not be telling the truth about the rape. I am, however, not implying anything of the sort by extension to any other rape case, which I understood to be Sue's original point.

I thought that using the word "allege" when referring to a crime that hasn't been proven was the correct thing to do.

Has that gone out of the window now?

I thought that using the word "allege" when referring to a crime that hasn't been proven was the correct thing to do.

Has that gone out of the window now?
In reference to the alleged rape or his alleged wrapping his car round a lamp post and fleeing the scene, or both?

Back
Top Bottom