Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bridgend MP Jamie Wallis arrested

It removes the requirement for a doctor to provide a medical diagnosis and approve transition, as I've explained above.
You havnt expalined really, so who approves and makes legal the gender title?

P.S. you might have missed that my question was specifically about self ID, thats not the same as approving a transition

You havnt expalined really, so who approves and makes legal the gender title?

P.S. you might have missed that my question was specifically about self ID, thats not the same as approving a transition

The state approves and makes legal the gender title. Who else? Under the current system in the UK the state approves after a two year process with a diagnosis of gender dysphoria and recommendation for a doctor. The proposed law change that was referred to is to remove the requirement for a diagnosis/doctor approval. Nothing else - certainly nothing that would allow someone to change their gender "on a whim".

The state approves and makes legal the gender title. Who else? Under the current system in the UK the state approves after a two year process with a diagnosis of gender dysphoria and recommendation for a doctor. The proposed law change that was referred to is to remove the requirement for a diagnosis/doctor approval. Nothing else - certainly nothing that would allow someone to change their gender "on a whim".
Not quite right. The bill in question proposes to reduce the period to three months (with a further three month 'cooling off proud', thereafter). Though you're right that nobody is likely to do this on a whim.

Not quite right. The bill in question proposes to reduce the period to three months (with a further three month 'cooling off proud', thereafter). Though you're right that nobody is likely to do this on a whim.

My bad, cheers for correction.

Jamie Wallis: MP found guilty of driving offences

An MP has been found guilty of failing to stop and report an accident after crashing his car in the early hours of 28 November last year. Bridgend's Conservative MP, Jamie Wallis was also found guilty of leaving his car in a dangerous position, but cleared of driving without due care and attention. He was fined £2,500 and disqualified from driving for six months.

Back
Top Bottom