Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a way though, there’s a risk even no deal doesn’t end the argument. Unless the new Tory leader wants the UK to sit in splendid isolation by itself, they’re going to have to agree a new trade deal with Europe. Who will sit there saying the same things they’ve been saying to us over the last three years. At which point, to agree something, the arguments have to start again.

(...)

I suspect they’ll be wanting their 39 billion quid for starters.

Anyone fooled into thinking that this will calm down once a deal or no deal situation has happened will be very disappointed, we have years of this shit ahead of us.

A deal is no nearer, and May has further internal trouble - perfect:

Brexit: I had no choice but to approach Labour - May
Prime Minister Theresa May has insisted she had to reach out to Labour in a bid to deliver Brexit or risk letting it "slip through our fingers". In a statement on Saturday night, Mrs May said there was a "stark choice" of either leaving the European Union with a deal or not leaving at all.

Some Conservatives have criticised her for seeking Labour's help after MPs rejected her Brexit plan three times. Three days of talks between the parties ended without agreement on Friday.

I hate resurrecting an old argument as much as anyone however on this occasion I'm willing to make an exception...

This from a digital marketing agency in Manchester

The Article 50 Petition HAS been hijacked by bots.

The petition to revoke Article 50 has received millions of signatures. It looked pretty obvious to us that it was being gamed by bots to make false political capital, thereby seriously devaluing the UK Government’s platform for digital democracy. So we tested it for ourselves. In a single weekend, using just one spare server and with a budget of £22, we were able to make 72,000 confirmed robotic entries. Imagine if we’d put any real effort and resources into it!

I hate resurrecting an old argument as much as anyone however on this occasion I'm willing to make an exception...

This from a digital marketing agency in Manchester

The Article 50 Petition HAS been hijacked by bots.

What an utterly stupid thing to do. If they have evidence that there are bots then make it public rather than torpedo the petition.

There is little doubt it is a very popular petition, not in itself that compelling set against the 17.4, but there you go.

And, just for the sake of full transparency, we do believe as an agency that Brexit will be a huge driver of progress for UK business, economy, politics and society. So we would hate to see fraudulent poll results being generated and then used to make false claims of legitimacy for opposition to Brexit.
But in favour of Brexit is fine :cool:

Pretty clear agenda to that piece of 'research'. Even if there are some dodgy signatures I don't doubt it's a very popular petition and most of the signatures will be genuine.

They're the pro brexit answer to the Russian trolls/bots/everyone voted brexit cos they got a racist text.

The signatures generated will all be on the same email domain from the same source IP address, they’ll be ridiculously easy to spot.

They only got half a million on the rival petition - which I thing was no deal.
I found it interesting in terms of how much real enthusiasm there was in either camp.

It remains to be seen whether the "one million man march" happens on 12th April...

The signatures generated will all be on the same email domain from the same source IP address, they’ll be ridiculously easy to spot.
Not that this is worth exploring in any detail, but it would be easy to avoid both.

In a way though, there’s a risk even no deal doesn’t end the argument. Unless the new Tory leader wants the UK to sit in splendid isolation by itself, they’re going to have to agree a new trade deal with Europe. Who will sit there saying the same things they’ve been saying to us over the last three years. At which point, to agree something, the arguments have to start again.
There will also have to be a trade agreement with the US, probably to be negotiated during the MAGA era. That's when we'll find out what what this is all leading towards.

Jade Azim...journalist speaking on sky news just came out with this as if it was gospel. And the interviewer let her off....

"There's an increase in hard right in the European parliament"

What the fuck?

Mind you ... she also used the phrase "more lesser"... :facepalm:

Jade Azim...journalist speaking on sky news just came out with this as if it was gospel. And the interviewer let her off....

"There's an increase in hard right in the European parliament"

What the fuck?

Mind you ... she also used the phrase "more lesser"... :facepalm:

Well that is true. The European Parliament is a play ground for the far right, it's full of them. Will be even more so after the next EU Parliament elections.

By everyone else I was talking about ordinary people not politicians, As for parliamentary parties well I agree with you that there are no good options left for the
Tories (behold all the fucks I give). I would suggest that more Tory voters will feel betrayed by Revoke than No Deal and the opposite way around for Labour.
The SNP will come out of covered in absolute glory if A50 gets revoked and will probably earn an "At Least they Tried" medal for anything else.
The DUP are just anarchists in it for the LOLS and don't give a shit and all other parties are as much spectators as we are.

Yeah, I also meant ordinary people. You seem to think that what will happen as a result of revoking A50 won't have a hugely damaging effect on ordinary people, I suspect you are completely wrong.

How far right are you talking?

Well, there's lots of right wing populist types, and there's quite a few actual fascists as well. How far right are you talking?

The Front National have 24 MEP's, the Alternative für Deutschland have 7 and will massively increase that this year. Fidesz (Orban's party) have 11 MEP's.

Well, there's lots of right wing populist types, and there's quite a few actual fascists as well. How far right are you talking?

The Front National have 24 MEP's, the Alternative für Deutschland have 7 and will massively increase that this year. Fidesz (Orban's party) have 11 MEP's.

I was quoting Jade Azim who stated that there was an increase in the Hard Right in the European Parliament.
I thought the EP was a majority of centrist left and centrist right.

Just wondered what hard right parties are about to take over...?

I was quoting Jade Azim who stated that there was an increase in the Hard Right in the European Parliament.
I thought the EP was a majority of centrist left and centrist right.

Just wondered what hard right parties are about to take over...?

No, not really - majority are right, whether you call them centrist right or very right probably depends on whether you think the Tories are centrist right or hard right.

Is it true? Has there been an increase in hard right elected members in the EP?

Yes. Massively. And the trend will continue.

In Ireland the Blueshirts have the most MEP's, closely followed by the Shinners.

The Shinners? Sinn Fein you mean? They have 3 seats. They're centre left....never have been right wing.
The blue shirts? Are you referring to Fine Gael? They have 4 seats...centre right.

What's that got to do with some journalist stating that the European parliament was becoming more hard right?

I'm asking because the current EP had a majority of centrist parties...
You're asking because you think the idea of the europan parliament having far righters in it is absurd. So absurd that it's worthy of mention as a brexiteers mad imagination. Yet now you find that there are indeed far-righters in it. Now what? What questions are you now asking yourself?

Back
Top Bottom