Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BREXIT Crunch time (part 38) WTF is going to happen next?

Brexit crunch - WTF happens next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well im very surprised but it is starting to look like May and Corbyn are genuinely doing a deal, doesnt it?

This is incredibly stupid imo, and has apparently been their policy for quite some time.
Labour confirms it wants to end freedom of movement - LabourList
I dont understand how they whipped for CM2 just this week (which some people thought would win the indicative votes outright) and then underline that they are against freedom of movement so soon after.... ive been listening for signs of Labours Brexit position since the referendum and they continually contradict themselves, and that doesnt seem to have changed much in recent days.

Concerning the oh-so-friendly ;) chats between Labour and government, this appeared on BBC News site around 8:30 pm this evening (Thursday 4/4) : :

BBC News said:
Leaving the cross-party talks, Sir Keir did not answer questions about what had been discussed, telling reporters: "We have had further discussions and we will be having further discussions with the government."

A Labour spokesman said the talks "are continuing and the teams are planning to meet again".

A Downing Street spokesman said : "Today both sets of negotiating teams met for four and a half hours of detailed and productive technical talks in the Cabinet Office, supported by the civil service."

The talks were attended on the Labour side by shadow Brexit secretary Sir Keir Starmer and shadow business secretary Rebecca Long-Bailey.

The government's negotiating team was senior cabinet minister David Lidington, Brexit Secretary Steve Barclay, chief whip Julian Smith, Business Secretary Greg Clark and Gavin Barwell - the prime minister's chief of staff.

I'm seeing very remainish names on both sides there .... :hmm: ;)
I mean I'm something of a remainaholic myself, but I predict strong counterreactions all over the shop ...

The stuff about detailed technical talks doesn't sound like these negotatations are about to collapse, either.

Last edited:
I dont understand how they whipped for CM2 just this week (which some people thought would win the indicative votes outright) and then underline that they are against freedom of movement so soon after.... ive been listening for signs of Labours Brexit position since the referendum and they continually contradict themselves, and that doesnt seem to have changed much in recent days.

It's 9-dimensional chess, apparently.

Uri Geller says he bent the pipes in Parliament

i wonder if this bunch have the contract for plumbing emergencies at the HoC?

image.jpg

:p

May has written to the EU to request an extension to 30 June.

This is worse than my degree.

Just looking for political cover. She can then say oh look at the awful EU they have made me take a long extension.

They know it’s going to be a long extension. Cox and Hammond have already admitted that’s the way it’s going.

Back
Top Bottom